07- Now Would Be A Good Time To Call The Police

A/N: So, this is kind of like a little thingy (Name) did to save a woman. It was supposed to just be the starting for a chapter, but it turned into the size of a chapter instead. *sigh* So, enjoy this chapter I wrote in an hour straight without any breaks! *cue strained smile*

(Name) walked along the now empty street, her breath coming out as mist in the cold air. Her hands were tucked into her jacket pockets, away from the chill. Head bent slightly down, the female hurried along, trying to make her way home as quickly as possible.

But, of course, the author refuses to let her do so.

So, barely a second later, a wavering cry could be heard echoing through the night. (Name) froze, her vigilante instincts kicking in immediately, but dampening down just as fast.

I'm not The Vigilante anymore. I got caught, she thought to herself bitterly, about to continue on her way once more when the wail came once more.

(Name) stood there for a second, sorting through her thoughts, before her stubborn self came to a decision.

"It's just a peak, right?" She muttered to herself as she crept towards where the source of the sound had come from.

Which just happened to be an alley.

Cliché much?

(Name) peaked her head in, gathering the shadows to cloak her presence from any passerby.

The alleyway was cluttered with garbage bins and dumpsters and beer bottles, broken glass littering the ground. The wall was sprayed with colorful graffiti, and the only door connected to this alley was covered in bars. A fence marked the end of the alley, and a single flickering lamp post cast the only light. And right in the middle of it all, stood the source of the cry.

A woman, her makeup dripping and her face tear-stricken stood there, a man holding a knife to her neck as he dug through her purse.

The man in question was bony and thin, and had a black ski mask covering his face. His entire body was covered in black, except for his arms, which were covered in scales.

(Name) was tempted to rush in right there and then, but she held herself back.

What if I get caught again?

After thinking for about 2.5 seconds, she shrugged and pulled her hoodie up over her head.

Screw this, She thought as she stepped into the alley.

_

Deciding to go with stealth, (Name) crept along the shadows cast by the wall of the alley, steering clear of the lamp post. She crept behind the Mr. Reptile, and summoned a tentacle.

She looked up to see the woman staring at her, her eyes widening. (Name) held a finger to her lips, pointing the man. The woman's eyes filled with tears, and she did a small, subtle nod.

(Name) gave a thumbs up, before summoning a tentacle. She crept it closer to the man, until it was rising in the air, aiming for his neck.

It wrapped around the man's neck, and the dude's eyes widened. He whirled around, but the tentacle squeezed slightly-a warning. He audibly gulped.

"Let the woman go." (Name) said, making her voice deepening. She bit back to urge to laugh at her horrible impression at a man.

The guy in the ski mask slowly let go of the woman, handing back the purse. He never broke eye contact with (Name).

"Now hand me the knife."

The man hesitated, before reaching his hand out, fingers lightly on the handle. (Name) reached her hand out, ready to grasp the knife when the villain jerked away. The tentacle fumbled, already loosened from the fact that he was going to hand the knife over, and descended into the night.

The reptilian pulled his arm back, before aiming the knife at (name)'s neck.

(Name) closed her eyes and focused, trying to find out something to help her. The women screamed, but it was strangely muffled. The sound of wind blowing could faintly be heard, and the annoying buzzing of the lamp post light flickering could also be heard.

A smirk slowly made its way to (Name)'s face.

Perfect.

Just as the knife was about to hit, (Name) ducked, plunging her hands deep into the darkness cast by the wall and swinging her fingers towards the faulty light.

A stream of darkness followed the direction of her hand, covering the bulb and casting the alleyway in darkness.

(Name), who had night vision (a part of her Quirk), grabbed the woman's hand and fled the scene, pulling her around a corner and blocking the lights along their path.

Luckily, the woman managed the move her feet, so they were able to run a good distance before they stopped.

(Name) waited silently, listening for footsteps coming after them as the woman caught her breath.

"Th...thank you for helping me..." She said between heavy breaths.

"It was no problem."

The woman straightened up from her bent over position, looking over at (Name) with a quizzical look.

"Your Quirk... it reminds me of someone. It was... um," The woman thought for a second, before snapping her fingers. "The Vigilante!"

(Name) looked away, hiding her knowing smile. "Huh, I wish. They're just such an inspiration, you know? So, I... borrowed a few of their moves."

The woman seemed to have even more questions, but held them back, dipping the two of them into silence.

"So... what were you doing in the middle of an alley, at night?"

"I was trying to get home, but the streets looked unfamiliar in the dark. You see, I just moved here from the US."

(Name) nodded, before asking, "Do you know where you live from here?"

The woman looked left and right, before spotting a street sign nearby.

"Yeah... I don't live too far from here. It's like a two minute walk." She murmured.

"Great! Well, looking at the time," (Name) looked down at her imaginary watch. 'I have to get home now. It was nice meeting you!"

The female walked back the way they came, leaving the woman in a slightly confused state by the abrupt leave.

"How weird..." She said to herself as she watched the teenager walk down the sidewalk, before taking a right and disappearing behind a building.

Another A/N: I know there are a lot of chapters with that don't have much to do with U.A, and I'm not really sure if everyone likes that.

I mean, I like writing chapters like this, where I don't have to use a script or anything, but it's really up to you guys.

So; do you want me to write two or three more chapters on working at the cafe, doing some vigilante stuff, meeting some oc's, or do you guys want me to go to the U.A part after one more chapter?