01- The Vigilante Strikes Again

"So, the Vigilante struck again?"

There was a faint click, and a flame appeared in the midst of the darkness. Two men, clad in scruffy jeans and matching domino masks, could just be seen leaning against the walls of an alleyway. A small lighter, which protruded the flame, moved, taking its place at the tip of a cigarette. The fire was snuffed out as one of the men took the cigarette out of his mouth, exhaling a plume of thick smoke. His companion let off a scratchy laugh.

"Yup. Managed to catch a villain in the middle of a bank robbery. The villain appeared minutes later at the nearest police station, tied up an' knocked out, with a little note stuck to 'is forehead. Signed by none other than the Vigilante."

The man with the cigarette scowled, a small wisp of smoke escaping from the corner of his mouth. "Then our job gets harder. We'll have to sell the rest of 'em in broad daylight."

"And what, exactly, are you selling?"

The two men stiffened at the new but recognizably monotone voice, craning their necks to look up at the night sky.

A single, lone figure could be seen standing on top of the rooftop-a silhouette against the moon. A black cloth covered their knowing smirk, and a hood was pulled up over their head, covering their face in shadows. A simple black hoodie with a pair of jeans was all they wore, as their gloved hands were planted on their hips in a cocky manner. A pair of (e/c) eyes settled on the two men, taking in their appearances. The figure clicked their tongue in a disappointing manner, shaking their head.

"Now, now, I can't let you two free, hmm? No hard feelings, right?"

_

"Breaking news! The Vigilante has struck once again, managing to take down a line of illegal drug dealers last night. Who is this young hero, and where will they strike ne-"

The news reporter was cut off as (Name) promptly shut off the TV. She sunk into her chair, rubbing her eyes as they threatened to close. She dragged her hand down her face, revealing drowsy (e/c) eyes, with dark eyebags to complete the look.

"Don't these villains have better things to do in their time..." She muttered with a flat voice, glaring at the TV as if it was the one who caused her lack of sleep.

_

(Name)'s shoes padded softly against the gray sidewalk of the city. She wore an ordinary t-shirt with jeans, her black hoodie she wore as a vigilante tied around her waist. Her gloved hands fiddled with the voice modifier and black bandana in her jeans pocket, digging it deeper inside.

The (h/c)ette was just walking down the sidewalk, looking around, when the ashy smell of smoke met her nose. She turned her head to the left to see a huge crowd.

(Name) quirked her eyebrow, plodding closer towards the crowd, trying to catch a glimpse of what they were gawking at. Shouldering her way through the mob, (Name) managed to get to the front, where she saw a huge fire on an about-to-collapse building, with a green slime villain inside.

Yup, the usual.

(Name) herself was about to walk away, when a snippet of someone's conversation reached her ears.

"...heard that a kid got trapped by the villain in there. See that blonde hair? That's him."

(Name) snapped her head back towards the scene, shocked to see a tufts of spiky ash blonde hair sticking out from the slime. Her horror grew when she took notice of the multiple heroes around the scene, panicked expressions on their faces.

They were doing nothing.

Why aren't they doing anything?

(Name) stumbled away, running back through the crowd and into a nearby alley. She unwrapped the sleeves of the hoodie from her waist, ready to slip the fabric over her head when she hesitated.