12- The Day FINALLY ENDED

Midoriya looked up, his face set with determination. Pulling his arm back, (Name) stood amongst the crowd, her fingers crossed.

Come on, come on, come on... Who knew saving someone's life would make you so attached to them?

Taking a step forward, the pad of Midoriya's pointer finger lit up, the same light that had wrapped around his arm from before. He let out a yell before throwing the ball with all his might.

The ball flew through the air at practically the same speed at Bakugou's, the air being pushed against everyone else as the ball made its way through the sky.

(Name) fought to stay up from the force of the wind, her eyes squinted. All around her, people were in shock of his power. And the fact that he did what Aizawa was hinting not to do.

(Name) let a small smile creep onto her face as she gazed at him, still standing and fighting, like he did at the Sludge Incident. Even with his finger broken, he still managed to send a triumphant smile at Eraserhead.

When the ball finally touched the ground, Aizawa's device beeped, showing a glowing 705.3 meters.

Wow. He beat the Porcupine kid by .1 meters. (Name) thought, slightly impressed.

"You see?" Midoriya said, clenching his hand with the broken finger. "I'm still standing."

"This kid..." Aizawa said, an odd smile crossing his face.

"He threw it over 700 meters!"

"Nice! He's finally showing us his true power!"

"His finger appears to be broken now. Just like in the exam. His quirk is very odd."

"It wasn't a very pretty throw."

Hearing faint explosions from somewhere among the class, (Name) furrowed her eyebrows, already knowing who was going to grow crazy and start exploding everything in sig-

"HEY!" Bakugou stormed out from among the crowd, explosions igniting on his right palm. "Deku you bastard tell me how you did that or you're dead!"

One look at Bakugou and Midoriya lost his cool within seconds.

What the heck...? (Name) thought, watching in slight amusement.

A faint whistling filled the air as Aizawa's scarf went into action, pulling back Bakugou from completely pulverizing Midoriya.

"What? Why the hell is your damn scarf so- so strong?" Bakugou asked, swearing out his question.

"Because it's a capture weapon made out of carbon fibers and a special metal alloy," Aizawa looked up at Bakugou, his eyes crimson once more. "Stand down. It'd be wise to avoid making me use my quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye."

Man, that sucks...

"You're wasting my time now. Whoever's next can step up." He said releasing the scarf and waving a hand dismissively at his students.

_

"Alright, time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of where you're standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going through every individual score." Aizawa said, pulling out yet another hand-held device and pressing a button on it. A cyan blue projection shone out, listing all the names with their rankings.

(Name) started from the bottom, before slowly going higher and higher.

Where's my name?

She kept on looking until she came all the way to the top, where she saw her name in navy blue print in first place.

Well this is new.

Normally (Name) would be happy, but she could feel an ash-blonde's red eyes boring into her skull.

"I hope I live to see tomorrow..." She whispered under her breath, hoping someone would hear her prayer.

"And I was lying. No one's going home."

Silence.

"That was just a rational deception to make sure all of you gave it your all in the test."

"WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

Man, last place just got lucky... (Name) thought, her eyes drifting to the last place name.

Midoriya never gets a break, does he? She pondered, feeling genuinely sorry for him.

"That's it, we're done for the day," Aizawa said, ignoring his students shocked looks and walking away. "Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow morning."

_

(Name) walked out of U.A, following the huge crowd of students flooding out of the doors and down the stairs.

Skipping down the steps two at a time, she was just about to make her way home immediately when someone bumped into her from behind.

Nearly falling and skidding down the stairs on her face, (Name) just managed to steady herself, a bewildered look on her face.

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't looking- Oh wait, you're from my class!"

(Name) turned her head towards the person who had bumped into her, making eye contact with a pair of warm brown eyes.

"Hi, I'm Ochako Uraraka, if you didn't already know! You must be (Name) (Last Name)! Congrats on first place!"

"Oh... uh, thanks?" The (h/c) haired female said, cursing her inability to talk to other living beings.

The short-haired brunette had just opened her mouth to continue the conversation, when her eyes snagged on something past the stairs.

"Oh, I know them! Let's catch up to them!"

"Wai-" Was the only thing that (Name) was able to say before she was swept away with the brunette.

"Hey! Wait up, you two! Are you going to the station? We'll join you guys!"

We will?

"Oh, your the Infinity Girl! And your the one who came first place," A guy with glasses said from beside Midoriya.

"I'm Ochako Uraraka, and this is (Name) (Last Name). Let's see, you are Tenya Iida, and your name is Deku, right? Midoriya?"

"DEKU?!" Midoriya, or Deku, exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah, isn't that what Bakugou called you? During the fitness test he said 'DEKU YOU BASTARD!' Right?"

"Well, my name's actually Izuku. Deku is what Kachaan calls me to make fun of me." He explained, a nervous look on his face.

"That's unsportman-like," Glasses-Man, or Iida was it?, muttered.

"Oh, I didn't realize that, I'm sorry."

This would be the right time to say something helpful, (Name) thought. But... what do I say?

Uraraka, placed a hand on the back of her head, a sheepish look on her face. When she pulled her hand away, a smile crossed her face. "You know what, I like Deku!"

"It could make a great hero name." (Name) finally said, watching as everyone turned their eyes to her. Midoriya turned red as if he had just noticed that there were actually two girls, not just one.

"Deku it is!" He said, his face still a bright red color.

"Just like that? Weren't you saying... that it was an insult?" Iida exclaimed, confused.

"Paradox shift. My whole world is upside down!" Midoriya said, hiding his red face in his hands.

O...kay?

So, off they went, making idle chatter as they made their way away from U.A.

"Actually, (Last Name), you seem pretty familiar. Have me met before?" Midoriya asked.

(Name) turned her head slightly away, hiding a small smile. "Nah, I don't think so. But it's okay. I get that a lot."