one

"Jisung's been waiting for you downstairs

"Jisung's been waiting for you downstairs." Ae Rin said.

Ae Ra who was in the middle of fixing her hair stopped immediately after hearing her sister's words.

Jisung?

She thought she heard her sister wrong. For as long as she could remember, she had no plan involving him.

Ae Ra quickly finished what she was doing before. After taking one last glance at the mirror, she rushed downstairs.

"Jisung! What are you doing here?" Ae Ra asked as soon as she stood in front of him.

"Let's go." Jisung stood up from the couch he was sitting on. "I will take you there." He explained after noticing how she looked at him in confusion.

Ae Ra pushed him by his shoulder, made him sit down back on the couch. "I can go there by myself."

He sighed. "It's already dark. Also, isn't your boyfriend supposed to pick you up?"

"It's not that late."

"I will take you there." He repeated firmly before heading outside the house.

The second Jisung insisted on something, Ae Ra knew there's no way to back off. Ae Ra just sighed and followed his steps to the bus stop.

On their way to the café Ae Ra and her boyfriend have agreed to meet, Jisung kept complaining about how her boyfriend never picks her up or sends her home.

"I can take care of myself, Jisung." Ae Ra said to relieve his worry.

Jisung didn't say anything after that. Being worried sick, that childhood friend of his defended her boyfriend instead.

"Call me if he's not going to send you home."

Ae Ra nodded.

Jisung walked back to the bus stop after Ae Ra entered the café.

"Ha Min!" Ae Ra jogged a little to the table where her boyfriend sat. "Sorry, I took too long."

Ha Min smiled bitterly. "There's something that I want to tell you."

"What's wrong?" Ae Ra asked after she took a sip of the coffee that Ha Min had ordered for her before.

"Let's end it here."

What she just heard totally surprised her. She cleared her throat. "Explain."

"We were dating but it feels like you're dating Jisung instead. Didn't you come here with him?"

And history repeats itself.

This wasn't the first time her relationship failed due to the same cause. But there's no way she could distance herself from Jisung who has been there since their childhood days for the sake of someone who just entered her life and possibly leaving her anytime soon.

Holding onto her cup of coffee, she nodded.

Ha Min stood up and made his way out of the café. Leaving Ae Ra who was still trying to process what just happened.

{}

For the few times now, Jisung checked any signs of Ae Ra being back home across his window. They are neighbors and their bedrooms are facing each other.

But nope, nothing.

He couldn't see any lights on from Ae Ra's room hence he concluded that she wasn't home yet.

Jisung just hoped Ha Min would take her home safely. Being the Ae Ra she is, she wouldn't want to bother anyone, and would most likely not contact Jisung even if she was left alone by Ha Min. Though Jisung on the other hand would be more than willing to pick her up.

Jisung was about to close his curtains when he saw a glimpse of what he had been worrying about.

There's Ae Ra, walking alone towards her house.

Ha Min, that jerk.

Jisung rushed down to meet Ae Ra. "You're alone?"

Those beautiful eyes that were fixed to the ground immediately looked up to the owner of the voice.

A bitter smile painted her face.

It didn't take long for Jisung to realize something's wrong with his best friend.

"What happened?" Jisung asked while he cupped his hand around her small face.

"We broke up."

Jisung didn't say anything and just pulled her into his arms. He patted her hair softly.

Seeing Ae Ra like this, his heart hurts.

More than anything, he doesn't want the girl he likes to ever get hurt.