six

Jisung sat near the window

Jisung sat near the window. While waiting for his classmates to fill the bus that will take them to the campsite, he plugged his earphones into both of his ears. He glanced at the window only to see the image of Ae Ra and Ha Jun walking together. A sigh involuntarily escaped from his lips.

These past few weeks have been like a challenge to him. Ae Rin's words kept on lingering inside his head which caused his heart to beat faster every time he is with Ae Ra.

The girl, indeed, has always made his heart beat fast. It just feels different recently.

Jisung has been liking her for years. He doesn't know when did it start. The moment he realized, he has already been too deeply in love.

Being the coward he is, he never confesses, not even once. He is afraid that the girl doesn't have the same feelings as he does and that will only result in their friendship being screwed up.

He decided to keep his feelings for himself. He has been fine the whole time, seeing her happy with someone else. Well, maybe a little bit of sting, but her being happy is always be more than enough for him.

Everything was fine. Not until the conversation he had with Ae Rin three weeks ago.

Greed started to fill himself. He wants to be the one who makes her happy.

Thanks to the upcoming school exhibition, he had other things to keep his mind busy on. Even though it wasn't that good of a distraction.

But that was also the problem.

Each club had to prepare something to show during the exhibition. Ae Ra and Ha Jun who were in the same club grew closer as the days went by. Ae Ra seemed to enjoy his company.

Their classmates started to fill the bus. Jisung pretended to be busy with his phone the moment Ae Ra and Ha Jun stepped in the bus.

Ae Ra stopped by the seat where Jisung sat. She shoved her things into the cabin above the seats.

Their homeroom teacher asked them to sit down so she could do the attendance check before they are ready to go for the school trip.

"Do you want to sit together?" Ha Jun asked. Jisung's ears perked up upon hearing the question that was addressed to Ae Ra.

She refused. "I'll just sit here." Ae Ra gestured to the seat next to Jisung.

A triumphant smile plastered on his face.

Ae Ra noticed the sudden change in Jisung's expression which was kind of gloomy before. Wondering what was the song he listened to that could change his mood just within a second.

She continued what she was doing before sitting next to him.

"What are you listening to?" She snatched one of his earphones and plugged it into her right ear.

Her eyebrows met in confusion because there was no sound coming out. "Is it broken?"

Jisung, in fact, wasn't listening to anything. He was only pretending so that no one would bother his messy mind.

He opened his phone and it showed a bunch of playlists he has. Most of them were made by the two.

Ae Ra leaned closer to get a better look.

Jisung suddenly felt nervous and scrolled across the playlist way too fast. "Slow down! I can't see anything." She complained.

He decided to just lend the phone to her. She clicked on the playlist with the vibes that suited school trip. They made it together during their middle school days.

Jisung leaned closer to the window and rested his head there as the bus started to head off. The soothing voice of the singer made him feel at ease. He could feel how his heartbeat had already become steady.

He continued to hum lowly to the song but immediately stopped when he felt her head fall on his shoulder.

Again, his heart started to beat rapidly.

Jisung straightened his posture so her neck wouldn't hurt when she woke up later. He did it carefully to make sure her sleep didn't get interrupted.

His lips automatically curved up, seeing her sleeping state. She looked so calm and peaceful.

He shut the curtains before closing his eyes and drifted to sleep. Following her to the dreamland.