five

While the others were already busy roaming around to try different foods, Ae Ra was still focusing on taking more pictures for their project

While the others were already busy roaming around to try different foods, Ae Ra was still focusing on taking more pictures for their project. She took some photos of the crowds, the food stalls, and the food itself. Anything that could describe the beauty of Myeongdong Night Market.

"Why don't you join them?" Ae Ra asked the boy who was trailing behind her. "Aren't you hungry?" It seems impossible to not be hungry when you are here. There are foods everywhere you go.

"No. I'm okay." His stomach said otherwise.

Ae Ra let out a soft chuckle. "Let's grab some food."

They started to roam around. As usual, the place was packed. Some came alone, some with their families, friends, or partners. They were enjoying the street foods, shopping, trying to put on some make-up products, and happily receiving the face mask that was being gifted for free. The decorated lamps became the source of lights that made the dark night become lively.

Being filled with street foods, the place surely smelled amazing. The smell of tteokbokki, smoky grilled lobster, some delicious dumplings, and a tiny hint of sweetness of chocolate hotteok were sensed all over the place.

The sound of chatter, laughter, and satisfaction could be heard in every step they took.

They stopped by a stall that sold fish cakes. "Ahjumma, can I have two of them?" The old lady handed two cups that were filled with fish cake soup. One fish cake each cup.

Ha Jun thanked her and paid for the fish cakes.

"Are you two a couple?"

Ae Ra's eyes widened. Worried that the boy might be uncomfortable, she shook her head quickly.

"Such a pity. You two look good together."

Ae Ra kept on glancing at the boy. Trying to find a sign of irritation. But to her surprise, there was none. She was about to say something, but Ha Jun was ahead of her. "Thank you." He smiled.

The atmosphere between them became rather awkward as they continued their walk. At least for the girl.

"Are you and Jisung a thing?"

"No." She replied nonchalantly, already used to the question.

"So do I still have a chance?"

Ae Ra choked on her food. She wasn't expecting that at all.

{}

"Oh, Jisung. Ae Ra hasn't home yet. Do you need something?" Ae Rin asked after opening the door.

Jisung shook his head. "I'm just going to return her note."

"Have you had dinner? Mom made some dumplings. Bring some to your house." She motioned him to follow her into the kitchen. It's like a tradition between the two families, there's no such thing as hard feelings.

After thanking her, Jisung made his way out of the house. Bringing a box of dumplings in his right hand.

He halted on his step, seeing the image of Ha Jun patting Ae Ra's hair softly outside the gate. From the way Ha Jun looked at her, his feelings were obvious.

"Shoot your shot." Ae Rin whispered beside him.

He turned his head to the older girl. "What do you mean, noona?" He laughed it off, sadly it sounded awkward.

"You like her, right?" A smirk made its way to her face.

"We're friends, noona. Just friends." Jisung tried his best not to look at the two figures, but he couldn't help it. He kept on glancing at them.

"Are you okay seeing her happy with someone else?" Ae Rin asked, making Jisung now has all his attention at her. "You've already gone through that two times."

"Don't make it three." Ae Rin tapped his shoulder before walking back inside the house.