nine

"Are you just saying that you won't participate in tonight's talent show?"

Ae Ra sat comfortably on the floor, watching her roommates preparing for the peak of the school trip. She nodded to the question, not seeing what's wrong with not participating.

"This is our last school trip." One of her roommates chimed in. "You should join us!"

"I brought extra clothes." The other girl raised the outfit in the air. "We will just have fun on stage. Nothing serious."

Ae Ra was sure she had never shaken her head this quick before. "No, no. I will just watch you all."

"Come on, you are no fun!" They started to whine. "You will regret it!"

Their chaos came to an abrupt stop due to the sudden knock on their door. Ae Ra stood up to open the door, surprised to see the person behind it.

"What are you doing here? Do you miss me that much?" She cooed.

Jisung scoffed. "Only in your dream."

That was undoubtedly a lie.

"The teacher asked me to call you all. Everyone is waiting at the field." He said, explaining his reason to be here. "Grab your jacket. It's cold outside."

She grabbed her jacket before the five of them made their way to where their classmates gathered.

There was a small stage that had been perfectly set up. The decoration added perfection to it.

Ha Jun suddenly sat on the girl's left with a guitar in his hand. Ae Ra's gaze averted from the stage to the guitar boy. "You will perform?"

"Yes." Ha Jun said timidly. Her eyes lit up. "What will you show?"

They continued to converse as Jisung kept his eyes fixed on them, not realizing his own action. His eyes slightly widened when the girl turned her head to her right side, which was where Jisung sat. He looked away quickly, pretending to be paying attention to the stage.

"What about you?"

"We are not required to do so. Why should I?" Jisung answered, eyes still fixed at the stage.

Ae Ra raised her fist in the air. She let out a soft chuckle when his fist met hers in a bump fist.

"Oh, it's them!" Ae Ra pointed to her roommates who were already on the stage.

Ha Jun stood up. "My turn is next. I will get ready then." He walked away to the side of the stage after the girl bid her good luck.

Her roommates' words turned out to be true. They were really just having fun on stage. The atmosphere became brighter during their so-called fashion show. Laughter filled the group of students.

"Why don't you accept their offer?"

Ae Ra gasped. "Were you eavesdropping?"

Jisung clicked his tongue while looking at her. "I'm sure everyone could hear it from outside the building." She chuckled lightly.

The boy averted his attention back to the small stage, but from his peripheral vision, he could see how her body trembled slightly.

He squinted his eyes at her. "Don't tell me you don't bring a hot pack."

Ae Ra turned her head to the boy who was already facing her. She gave him a sheepish grin.

He whipped a hot pack out of his left jacket pocket and handed it to her.

"What about you?"

"I have another one." He swayed her right hand that was inside his pocket lightly. "Take it. My hand hurts."

She grabbed it and put her hands inside her pocket after muttering a thank you. The warmth started to spread all over her body.

They continued to watch the talent show.

The crowd cheered loudly when Ha Jun stepped on the stage. As the familiar melody of DAY6 - I Like You began blessing their ears, the cheer became louder than before. Moreover when the boy started singing.

"I don't know he is this good at singing." She said in awe. "Speaking of which, have you made the song for the school exhibition later?"

Jisung nodded. He was a member of the music club and for the upcoming school exhibition, they were going to perform their own songs.

"I've made a few songs, but I have not decided yet which one to perform." She noticed how he was a bit weird when answering. He answered swiftly then continued to purse his lips together.

"Oooh, Han Jisung." She nudged him playfully, a little too hard maybe. He stumbled a bit to his side and used his right hand to support his body.

"Where did you gain such power, missy?" His lips quivered.

"Hey, why are you quivering?"

Jisung mentally cursed himself. He had been successfully holding it until a moment ago.

Her hand made its way to his right pocket. As what she had been suspected about, there was no hot pack.

She handed the hot pack back to the owner. "Use it. I'm no longer cold now."

Instead of taking it, he scooted closer to her. She raised her eyebrows at his action.

To her surprise, the boy intertwined their fingers together, hot pack in between. He then put their intertwined hands into his pocket. She kept on blinking her eyes at their intertwined hands.

Whilst the girl was still having that questioning look on her face, the boy already had his gaze fixated on her. When she finally looked up, he smiled at her, showing his gummy smile.

a/n : the reads went up?!!?? tysm for reading this<3