three

As usual, Ae Ra waited for Jisung before heading to school

As usual, Ae Ra waited for Jisung before heading to school. Ten minutes passed since their meeting time, but there was no sign of Jisung coming. She tried to call and text him. No answer.

"Want me to drive you to school?"

"I'll go with Jisung." Ae Rin just nodded then continued getting ready to go to her café.

Ae Ra decided to go to his house instead of waiting here.

His mom opened the door. "Oh, Ae Ra?" Ae Ra bowed.

"Jisung hasn't told you, yet? He caught a cold. He won't be going to school today." His mom explained after letting Ae Ra step inside their house. Ae Ra was surprised to hear the news. She made her way towards his bedroom after thanking his mom.

"I'm tougher than you, silly." Ae Ra said mockingly. She approached him and sat at the end of his bed.

Jisung laughed at how Ae Ra mocked his words from yesterday. "It's nothing."

Ae Ra shook her head in disbelief. "Have you eaten?"

"I don't feel like eating." Jisung checked the time on his phone. "You should leave now, or else you will be late."

"Still, you should eat." Ignoring his words, Ae Ra walked to the kitchen.

His mom prepared a bowl of porridge, a glass of water, and the medicine that Jisung needed to take on a tray and handed it to Ae Ra. "Suddenly he wants to eat?"

"I don't know if he wants to. But he has to." Ae Ra smiled and made her way back to his room. She handed the tray to the sick boy who was already sitting on his bed. "Eat this."

"You should really leave now."

Ae Ra checked the time on her wristwatch. Her eyes widened. She's almost late for school.

After threatening him to eat, she bid his mom goodbye. Then she ran as fast as she could to the bus stop. Feeling glad that the bus hadn't left yet.

Sadly, it didn't last long. She panicked when the bus started to move.

"Should've accepted Ae Rin's request." She muttered under her breath.

Ae Ra ran faster, even shouting so that the driver could hear her and hopefully mind waiting for her.

A boy inside the bus noticed her and told the driver to wait for her.

Fortunately for her, the bus stopped.

Stepped in the bus, she was greeted by an unfamiliar boy. He was smiling brightly at her. The boy wore the same uniform as her. Feeling confused, she only returned it with an awkward smile.

{}

"Attention, please."

The teacher came into the classroom with an unfamiliar boy she met in the bus before. Whispers started to fill the class.

"My name is Seo Ha Jun and you can call me Ha Jun. I hope we can be close to each other." He bowed.

The class became noisier than before. What was called whisper before didn't sound like it anymore. They didn't even try to hide their curiosity and started to ask him a lot of questions. And he, patiently answered all the questions one by one.

"Enough, enough." The teacher had to stop them or else, they would only study about Ha Jun today.

"You can sit next to Ae Ra." The teacher said to Ha Jun. "Ae Ra, please raise your hand."

Ae Ra did as what the teacher told her. The seat on her right side had been empty from the start. Ha Jun walked to his designated seat. The whispers still could be heard. All praised his visual.

Ae Ra admitted it. He got the visual.

"Did you remember me?" He asked as he sat down.

Ae Ra nodded.

He was about to say something again when the teacher cut him off. "Ha Jun, if you are interested in joining the club, you can ask me for the registration form."