seven

Since the next activity was still in an hour, everyone headed back to their rooms after having dinner

Ae Ra continued to unpack her things and make her bed. She was in the same room with three of her classmates whom she's not close with. Not at all. Actually, she's not close to anyone other than Jisung and the photography club members.

She attempted to join in whatever conversation they had, but failed to do so. Not that the other girls ignored her, they responded to her. But they kept talking about something only they knew about. She couldn't understand any of it.

The girl was aware that they were too immersed in their conversations. Still, she couldn't bear the feeling of being left out.

Ae Ra decided to walk around the campsite rather than stay in the room and feel even more left out.

From afar, she saw the glimpse of the campfire being set up by the teachers and some of the male students. She could make out that one of them was Jisung.

Ae Ra walked closer to the campfire. Jisung didn't seem to realize her presence so she tapped his shoulder twice.

Jisung turned around. "What are you doing here?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "The others are still resting in their rooms."

"I'm bored. There is no one to talk to."

Jisung turned back to the campfire in front of him. His back was now facing her. "I can't accompany you either." He simply said, but started to work faster. "Go sit there."

Ae Ra puffed her cheeks. She walked to the bench Jisung pointed at and sat there. Waiting for Jisung to finish setting up the campfire.

"Ae Ra." Ha Jun suddenly sat next to her. She smiled at him, glad to finally have company. "What are yo-" His words got cut off when someone called his name.

"Help me with these." Jisung said, motioning to the firewoods in his arms. He walked to Ae Ra after Ha Jun took them.

Their classmates started to get out of their rooms one by one.

"Why don't you tell us there is a campfire?" One of her roommates asked while handing wooden sticks to Ae Ra and Jisung. Her roommate didn't wait for her answer and continued handing the wooden sticks to their classmates while her other hand was busy carrying a few bags of marshmallows.

Jisung and Ae Ra made their way to the campfire that had been perfectly set up. The fire had already been lit.

Ae Ra was about to grill the marshmallow when suddenly the two boys handed her the already grilled marshmallow. Ae Ra looked at them one after another in confusion. Both of them looked at her, patiently waiting for her to take it.

"Eat them. I will grill it by myself." She said after a while, proceeded to grill her marshmallow.

The two boys sighed in defeat.

In the middle of their activities, the teacher came and instructed their class to sit around the campfire in a circle. They did as what their teacher told them, still with grilled marshmallows in their grips.

Tonight's activity was the usual chit-chat that always happens during a school trip. They were being asked to share about what they felt during their senior year. The hardships and the most meaningful ones. It was kind of boring, but since this would be their last school trip, they seemed to pay more attention.

It was finally Jisung's turn. He stood up and walked to the middle of their class' big circle.

Ae Ra couldn't hold her smile during his speech. His way of talking is so entertaining, yet the words that come out of his mouth are deep and meaningful. He never fails to brighten up the mood.

Ha Jun noticed the way she was looking at Jisung while smiling the whole time. "Do you like him?"

"What?" Ae Ra snapped her head to Ha Jun. Not expecting the question that was out of nowhere.

Ha Jun stayed silent. Waiting for her answer.

She started to think about his question.

It is impossible not to fall for the boy.

The way he is always there during her ups and downs. The way he always understands her even without her saying a single word. The way he never fails to put a smile on her face.

But she is also afraid she would lose someone like him if she continues to like him more than a friend.

How if he doesn't have the same feelings as she does and avoids her when he knows about her feelings? If Jisung has the same feelings and they go for a relationship, will things work out? How if things don't work out and it will only ruin their friendship? That was what she thought the whole time.

"No." She replied shortly before turning her head back to Jisung.

All the how ifs that kept haunting her mind made her decide to erase her feelings.

And she succeeded.

Or at least that was what she thought.