seventeen

And after that, Jisung no longer initiated a conversation with Ae Ra

And after that, Jisung no longer initiated a conversation with Ae Ra. He gave her space. Him trying to talk to her might pressuring the girl even more, so he decided to stop.

They were now sitting across each other in a big circle. Two days before the school exhibition, all the club members agreed to do a gathering.

The hem of her shirt seemed more interesting for her than the conversation and the laughter from the big circle. Jisung, on the other side, focused more on his phone.

"Jisung and Ae Ra, can you go to the convenience store and bring us some snacks and drinks?"

Both of them looked up at the request, eyes widening.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" The leader of the art club asked, definitely clueless. "Why do you look at me like that?" He tilted his head to the side.

"I can go alone." Jisung said.

He was about to walk away when she suddenly stood up. "We'll get going now." Though he was surprised, he tried not to show it.

Jisung walked behind her, keeping the distance but still close enough to make sure she's safe. The girl was probably already bothered enough with the fact that they had to go together, he didn't want to make her more uncomfortable.

The convenience store was not that far from their school and they arrived there not long after.

"I'll get the snacks." Jisung said and walked towards the snack section.

Meanwhile Ae Ra went to the refrigerator. "What should I buy?" She muttered lowly.

How stupid of her for not asking them what drinks they want. She whipped her phone out of her pocket and texted the art club's leader.

Gladly, he immediately read and answered it. Saying that all of them agreed on getting coke.

Ae Ra wasted no time in putting them in the cart. When she closed the refrigerator, she noticed pororo drinks on the upper row.

Jisung would prefer it.

Her hand hesitantly reached for one but immediately put it back after.

{}

When Jisung arrived at the cashier, the girl was already waiting for him there. Holding the plastic bag filled with cans of coke.

After done with the payment, he took the plastic bag from the girl and exchanged it with the one he was holding before. It was obviously lighter than the one filled with coke. And he knew too well that she would protest if he brought all of them.

His lips automatically curved up as he noticed that among the cans of coke, there was a pororo drink. The blue one, his favorite.

Ae Ra ended up buying it after several times of reaching and putting it back in the refrigerator.

He raised it in the air. "Is this for me?"

The girl hummed in response. She immediately looked away when she saw a huge grin plastered on his face. His cuteness was too much for her to handle.

Jisung quickly caught up with Ae Ra who was already walking towards the door. Still wearing the precious smile of his.

Just like before, Ae Ra walked first and he trailed behind her.

Thinking about the fact that the girl still cares for him stretched the corners of his lips upwards the whole time. His teeth became dry and he started worrying if the smile would remain on his face permanently.

Ae Ra suddenly stopped in her tracks which made him do the same. "Do you want that?" She turned to face him while pointing at a café across the road.

The smile on his face was replaced by a surprised look.

Remembering that they weren't on speaking terms, the girl pursed her lips close. Both of them did not expect that she just talked to him. His eyes trailed to where she was pointed at nonetheless.

She bit her lower lip nervously. The words just slipped from her mouth when she saw that huge banner was hung outside the cafe. They were having a promo of all their products, which included one of his favorite cheesecakes.

"Your mom's is better."

"Y-yeah...Right." Then she started walking away from him.

Ae Ra was deep in thoughts until someone suddenly pulled her arms and made her land on that person's chest.

She looked up to see Jisung with worry visible on his face. "Watch your step." His voice raised up the slightest.

Ae Ra quickly broke the eye contact when she realized how hard her heart was pounding inside her chest.

She wasn't sure whether it was because of the boy who currently engulfed her in a hug or the loud honking sounds from the truck that almost hit her. She didn't even aware of the truck before and the fact that she was safe now was more than enough. She wasn't scared or anything. Still, she would just convince herself that it was the latter.

He tried to pull away but her next movements prevented him from doing so. She clutched on his shirt tighter and snuggled deeper into his chest.

Jisung froze at his spot. Trying to process what happened at that moment.

She didn't know what had gotten into herself either.

She misses him. That's for sure.

Jisung tried to remain calm though he obviously won't be able to. She could definitely hear how fast his heart was beating. And he was afraid if his obvious feelings would just annoy her.

Ae Ra must be scared, he concluded.

Then that would remain on the bottom list of his worry. Now, his priority was to make her calm.

He engulfed her into a hug once more, caressing her hair lightly.

"Are you afraid?" He spoke so softly that it could melt anyone who heard it. "It's okay now."

They stayed in that position for a long time. People were staring confusedly at them but they couldn't care less.

"Sorry I yelled at you earlier."

She tightened the hug and listened to his rapid heartbeats which somehow made her calm.

Jisung could feel the emptiness when she suddenly pulled away from his arms.

Ae Ra looked at the ground in attempt to hide her flushed cheeks. She took the plastic bag that she didn't even know she dropped.

"Sorry." She muttered before walking away from him.