four

Already feeling well the next day, Jisung decided to go to school

He was playing a game on his phone when suddenly the class became noisy. He looked up to see what was happening.

"He is the new student?" Jisung nudged Ae Ra who sat on his right. Ae Ra just nodded then focused back on her phone.

Jisung noticed how almost all the girls in their class whipped for the new boy.

"Do you think he is handsome?" Jisung asked, out of curiosity. His eyes widened when the girl nodded.

"I'm way more handsome." He said, emphasizing the word 'more'.

Ae Ra broke into laughter upon hearing his words.

Jisung looked offended. "What's funny? You don't think so?"

Ae Ra turned her head to Jisung. Examining his features while giving a teasing smile that caught him off guard.

"You are." She stated. It'd be a lie if she said no.

He looked away, trying to seem unaffected. Jisung was only joking, hearing her respond to it seriously made him flustered.

"Have you started packing for the school trip?"

"It's still three weeks from now."

"What will you do after school?" He threw another question. "Do you have a club meeting today?"

She laughed. "Why are you suddenly asking so many questions?"

Jisung mentally cursed his mouth for blabbering too much which caused his flustered state to become even more obvious.

{}

"How about Myeongdong Night Ma-" Ae Ra's words got cut off when someone suddenly entered the photography club room. She turned her head to the door. There stood the new student, holding a club registration form.

He bowed to all members of the club, then walked closer to Ae Ra. Handing the paper off. "You're the club leader, right?" Ae Ra nodded and took the paper from his hand.

Ae Ra examined the paper. Giving an approving nod, she looked up to him. "I know that you just joined. But there is already an ongoing project. We are planning to go to a night market tonight. Can you tag along?"

"I'm free tonight."

She turned her head back to the others. "Myeongdong Night Market. At six, okay?" All of them nodded and one by one they started to leave the room. She turned off the light then made her way back home.

{}

Ae Ra slung the camera bag over her shoulder and turned the doorknob. She let out a screech, surprised to see an uninvited guest standing right in front of her room.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, still trying to calm herself.

"Where are you going?" He asked back.

"Myeongdong Night Market." She walked downstairs while he trailed behind.

Jisung moved to walk beside her, synchronizing their steps. "Without me?"

She looked at him. "Why would I go with you?"

"But I want to." He pouted which made her heart weakened.

"Quit it." She said, not realizing that they were already at the bus stop. "Why are you following me all the way here?" She shook her head. "No, why were you standing in front of my room?"

He chuckled lightly. "I want to copy your note from yesterday."

She was about to tell him where the note was when someone called her name. Both Jisung and Ae Ra turned their heads to the caller.

"Let's go there together." Ha Jun stood in front of them, holding his camera.

Jisung looked at him confused. "Ah, I'm also in the photography club. We will go to Myeongdong for the project." Ha Jun explained. Jisung only nodded in return.

Jisung turned to Ae Ra. "Want me to take you home later?"

"I will do it." Ha Jun swiftly said. "We're heading the same way." He reasoned, realizing two pairs of eyes stared at him, both in confusion and shock. "Don't worry." The silence made him open his mouth again.

The bus arrival broke the silence that engulfed them. They soon fell into a silent agreement.

"My note is on my study desk." Ae Ra said before stepping into the bus.