Love For Free

Sorry I've been gone and dead for a while lol. College was killing me slowly and family stress was as well, but here's something to keep your appetite whetted until I can finish up some other stuff. Thanks, Mag

CW: Use of the word whore in a derogatory fashion, sex work

She's sick of this place

New men everyday

She wants a new life to live

She wants to feel safe

"How much?" The deep voice growled from the dark car. You arch a sultry eyebrow and smile lazily.

"Depends on how good you wanna feel, darling." A hand grabs you by the collar of your thin coat and you get yanked backwards out of the window of the darkened car.

"Where you goin' doll?" The john calls from the car but you're helpless to call back as you're being dragged away from the street. You struggle against the hand holding your collar and manage to slip your arms out of your jacket, getting back onto your own two feet.

"What the fuck is your problem?" You brush invisible dirt off your jacket and look up into the angry face of one Dean Winchester. "Oh, hi Dean."

"What in the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Dean's voice is raised and can be heard by everyone on the street. You rub your cold hands across your face and can feel the bruises from the night but the crinkle of cash in your pocket makes it all worth it.

"What the fuck does it look like i'm doing? I'm making us some money." You pull the wad of cash out of your pocket and shove it into his hands. "That's enough money for the next week at least and that was only what i earned tonight. That money that keeps showing up in your wallet? That's from me. You're welcome."

"I don't need your fucking pity money you whore." Your heart stops dead in your chest and you stare at him blinking for a moment.

"What did you just call me?"

"You heard me. I didn't realize that I was even remotely interested in a dirty whore like you. If you're gonna work the streets you can stay out here on the streets. Don't come back." Dean throws your money back at you and walks away hands fisted into his jacket pockets.

"Now, I see how it is. You only like it when I'm the one warming your bed!" You shout after him shoving the wad of cash back into your pocket and striding off down the street. The neon glow of an all night diner catches your eye and you duck into it. The smell of hash browns and burnt coffee is almost like heaven as you sit down at one of the available seats and signal over the waitress.

"Can I get a cup of coffee and a menu please?" You ask the tired looking woman.

"Sure hon give me just a second." She grabs the coffee pot and goes to refill another customer's cup. You gaze out the window while you wait thinking of the conversation you just had with Dean and you can feel your heart ache a little at the loss. Dean and you had been growing closer and there was a little spark there that you were trying to fuel but instead you poured cold water on it. The waitress sets a menu down in front of you dispelling the fog in your head.

"Thank you ma'am. What do you recommend?" You ask sipping slowly at the coffee and sighing in pleasure at the bitter taste. She rattles off some of the dishes that are her favorites and you pick a random one and hand her the menu. She smiles tiredly at you and hustles away to tend to other customers. Your hand wanders into your pocket to find your cell phone and you pull it out of your inner jacket pocket. Something falls to the floor when you pull it out and you glance down at the object laying on the floor. Not recognizing it you reach down to pick it up and when your fingers close around it you know the texture of it. Sitting back upright you stare at the picture of you, Dean, and Sam. There are happy grins on each of your faces and the look that Dean is giving you is full of sparks.

"Memories?" A voice asks you and the waitress is standing there in front of you with a coffee pot in hand.

"Yea I guess you could say that," A husky chuckle leaves your mouth as you try not to cry. You push your mug out to her for a refill and she does so sensing that the moment is over. A familiar rumble greets your ears and you can see out the window the familiar shape of the Impala pulling into this parking lot. You drop your head onto the table and stare at your shoes, your mind racing with what to do when the engine noise dies. Their voices reach you through the glass and your heart aches.

"I should've known better but now it hurts much more." You whisper to yourself as you make eye contact with Dean.