Glitch Mode

"Please tell me you took your meds this morning." Dean's exasperated sigh is nothing compared to your hyper babble about your latest hyperfixation. You stop and ponder his statement for just a second before shaking your head in the negative and going back to tell Cas everything about your favorite subject. Cas is a patient listener and nods at the appropriate interval asking questions every so often. When you have exhausted all your information you bob in place pulling your favorite stim toy out of your pocket. Dean steps in front of you to get your attention.

"Take this, you're bouncing off of the walls and you're talking nonstop." Dean holds out a glass of water and your pill bottle. You take both of them from him and sigh. Doing as Dean instructed you, take your medicine and chug the rest of the water in the glass. Your brain is racing in every different direction and you're definitely bouncing off of the walls. About an hour later you start to come back down to normal levels and you're able to focus on one singular thing at a time. Your stomach growls in anticipation of the pancakes you're flipping as you hum along to the song stuck in your head. Dean comes into the kitchen and rummages around in the fridge coming out with a couple beers and a water.

"You need to start taking your meds on a set schedule, doll. You're driving not only us nuts but throwing your body for a loop when you do that." Dean sets his drinks down on the counter and twists the top off of one of the bottles, tipping it back and taking a long pull.

You plate your pancakes and grab the butter and syrup, heading for the table to sit down and eat. "I know that D but when it's starting to wear off I can't even think about one thing at once let alone remember to take my meds. If we're going to start on some kind of schedule you're gonna have to help me." You dig into your pancakes, your stomach grumbling in appeasement at your first meal of the day at 4 PM. Dean says something to you but you aren't listening as you shovel down your late meal. He comes back empty handed except for the open beer. "Tell me about your meds. How long do they last, how long do they take to kick in." You start telling him what he wants to know and the two of you sit there for at least 20 or 30 minutes. Your ADHD is rather severe which means you're on a higher dosage of Adderall and it's also extended release so it lasts longer.

"Ok, so you just took your dose around what 3?" You nod in affirmation. "Took about an hour to kick in so we'll just keep you on a schedule that tries to give you it every 12 hours ok?"

"Okie dokie." You take your plate to the sink and start to clean up the kitchen. Dean comes up behind you and kisses you on the top of your head.

"I'm proud of you though darling. You're doing good despite everything. I can't imagine how hard it is to function like that and not be medicated." You smile at him over your shoulder.

"Thank you, Dean. That means a lot." Dean turns to go and snags another beer from the fridge as he goes.

"Love you."

"Love you too."