Find Me Here

In for four hold for four out for four. You repeat that mantra to yourself over and over again. Your heart is hammering in your ears and your breath is a rattle in your lungs. The panic attack seems never to end and you rock back and forth quietly, trying to contain the overwhelming emotions. Your heart is in your throat and you're trying so hard to draw in air. Suddenly, warm hands are on your face and someone is pulling you into their embrace. You choke out a sob and collapse against them, the dam of tears breaking open violently.

"Hey, hey, I'm here. Try and take a deep breath for me." The voice is soft and husky. It's Dean's and you know you're safe. "I've been looking for you everywhere. I didn't know this is where I would find you." He pulls you closer and curls you against him so he can cradle you. "In this dusty old room full of boxes in the corner that seems well used." He chuckles lightly, playing with your hair and rocking you. Your breathing sounds less like a death rattle and more like an average human after a couple of minutes with him.

" 'M sorry," is all you can manage to get out after a few deep, stuttering breaths. He kisses your forehead and tells you not to worry.

"It's not your fault, honey. I know you get bad anxiety like this sometimes. Do you wanna tell me what's going on?" You nod slightly and begin to tell him what happened. He knows you've got pretty bad paranoia and that sometimes the smallest things can set you off, so when you start to tell him what happened he nods knowingly. It had just been a small noise but it had triggered every sixth sense your body has ever had. You couldn't shake the feeling all day and it eventually sent you into your favorite hiding place where you had the world's biggest panic attack. It was still raging after a couple of hours until you were where you are now, cuddled into Dean's chest. Dean's hands are soothing in your hair and the warmth seeping from him into you is comforting.

" I'm so tired now." You mumble into him, your energy spent.

"I know my baby. I know," He kisses your forehead and pulls you up with him as he stands. He cradles you bridal style. "Let's get you into my bed, ok? We can watch scooby doo."

"Scooby is your favorite show D." You say quietly, slightly amused.

"And your point is?" Dean teases easing the door open with his foot. You shrug and lay your head on his chest. "I just wanna spend time with my favorite baby."

"I'm your only baby Dean."

"I chose you over the Impala."