My Universe

"A still more glorious dawn awaits / not a sunrise, but a galaxy-rise / a morning filled with 400 billion suns / the rising of the milky way" ~ Carl Sagan

The velvet blanket of the night sky stretches out above you as you lay on your back and gaze at the stars. The hardtop of the Impala is cold against your back as you stretch out on the roof of Dean's beloved car.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" A voice calls out and you sit up swiveling your head in the direction of the sound. It's Dean tromping towards you and you smile quietly sliding down off the car onto the ground. "You could've scuffed the paint!" Dean barks, throwing his hands up in anger. You lean against the passenger side door, staring up at him with an arched eyebrow. He's enraged, you can see the blood boiling in his veins. "What the fuck were you thinking?" Dean is in your face now and you don't flinch a bit.

"I didn't hurt your precious car Dean. Don't get in my face acting like a petulant child. I just wanted to watch the stars." Dean huffs, his breath smelling like whiskey and you know he's drunk. "And the next time you wanna yell at me, at least do it sober." You push him out of the way to walk back into the motel and he grabs you by the arm yanking you back around. You blink at him in thinly concealed rage.

"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you."

"You weren't talking, you were chastising. If I wanted someone who acted like John Winchester, I would've resurrected your piece of shit father." You growl yanking your arm out of his grip. A flash of hurt is glimpsed in his eyes before it's smothered. You walk back into the motel room and close the door behind you leaving Dean out in the summer night alone.

"He being an ass again?" Sam asks not looking up from his computer. You let out a low chuckle and plop down onto the bed that's been assigned to you.

"What made you think that? The way he stormed out of here or the way I came back in?" Your voice is light trying to put some amusement into it when really you're hurt. You just wanted some peace to watch the stars and really didn't feel like laying in the middle of the pavement in the parking lot. Sam snorts lightly and gestures towards the door as the doorknob turns and Dean comes in looking slightly less miffed than before.

"Got something to say to me Winchester?" You ask gesturing for Sam to throw you a beer. You catch it and pop the top off in one fluid motion knocking a drink back. Dean sighs and sits down next to Sam at the small table. Sam is pretending like he's not intensely listening.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have snapped at you about that, but that car is like a kid to me. I'm a little too protective of it."

"It's fine Dean. I know you were just acting out of instinct." You knock back another drink. "I'm going back outside."

"I'm comin' with." Dean says following close behind you as the two of you leave Sam to himself in the motel room. Craning your neck upwards you stare into the deep dark depths of space as the light of the stars fill your vision.

"Hey." Dean says, grabbing your attention. You turn your attention from the stars back to him where he's standing with his hands in his pockets looking a little shy. You've never known Dean Winchester to be shy so you know something must be up.

"What's up D?" You ask, taking a seat on the little curb stop in an empty parking spot. He sits down next to you stretching his legs out in front of him. He sighs and rubs at his face looking up into the night sky.

"What do you see when you look up into those stars?" You look up with him and think for a moment, pondering his question.

"I see the entire universe spread out before me like it's just waiting for me to look up and get lost in it." You answer truthfully, your heart soaring as a shooting star jets across the sky. Dean puts his hand on your shoulder and you look away from the sky.

"Listen, I ain't never been one to beat around the bush. I'm just gonna come out and say it. I'm in love with you. Like, deeply." His face flushes and he looks away from you staring at the pavement. You stare blankly at him for a moment not entirely sure what to say as your brain processes what he's just said to you.

"Dean, look at me." He turns back to face you and you surge forward kissing him hard on the mouth, your fingers curled into the front of his jacket. He moans lightly into your mouth and pulls you into him letting his fingers card through your hair.

In the night I lie and look up at you

When the morning comes I watch you rise

There's a paradise they couldn't capture

That bright infinity inside your eyes

The world seems to spin around you and the stars light up behind your eyes at the taste of Dean's mouth. I could do this until the heat death of the universe. You sigh into his mouth as he wraps an arm around you. Here, I know I'm at home forever.