Thanks, Dad!

----- -----

Not having his biological parents with him sucked.

Sure, he didn't like his parents all that much, and the animatronics were fun to hang around with. Much more kind and loving and caring than his parents. But being in a place so populated with children and their parents, hearing a kid calling their parents "Mom" or "Dad", and the parents lovingly embracing them in hugs and kisses kind of hurt him.

He wished he could call someone he actually liked Dad. He wished he could embrace someone in a hug without it being a chore or duty. He wished he had a dad.

But he already did, he realized.

----- -----

"Freddy? I think I accidentally broke my watch". The bear turned to the boy. "Oh, what happened?". "Monty told me there was a new update so I tried to update the watch and now all the cameras stopped working!" Gregory told him.

Freddy wasn't really that much of a tech person. But he tried anyways, tapping the screen multiple times to see if he could get it working. Eventually, the cameras on the watch started working and moving again. "There, that should work now, superstar" Freddy smiled at him. "I should get going now. Roxy had asked me for help redecorating her dressing room". He turned to walk away, and Gregory simply grinned up at him.

"Thanks, Dad!"

Freddy stopped in his tracks when he heard that and turned around to face him. But Gregory was already running off now, narrowly avoding a wet sign bot and probably going off to hang out with another animatronic. But Freddy seemed to stay there for so long while he was processing the situation.

----- -----

"And then he called me Dad! He actually called me Dad!"

Sundrop and Chica just stared at him as he told them what happened. "I'm not surprised at all" Sundrop said, juggling two plastic balls from the ballpit between his hands. "Probably because you already treat him like a son". "Yeah! You already gave him a nickname the first time he came here!" Chica chuckled. " 'Superstar' this and 'rockstar' that".

"I'm just shocked overall" Freddy sighed. "I'm a robot animatronic! I'm not supposed to be a Dad! But at the same time, I do want to be a good father figure for Gregory". "Don't worry, Freddy! You already are!" Chica told him. "We were made to take care of the kids and be good role models to them! And Gregory obviously thinks you're a good role model too!". "You can process your feelings as fast or as slow as you want to" Sundrop told him. "But if you're deciding to actually make Gregory your son, at least let me be the uncle".

"Wait, this means that me and Roxy are going to be aunts!!" Chica squealed with delight, jumping up and down like a pogo stick. "Oh, I'm so happy!!". "And I'll be a father" Freddy smiled. "And I'm going to be a dad".

----- -----

When Freddy arrived back at his room, Gregory was already there. He was fast asleep in the chair, a Fazbear patterned blanket surrounding him. Freddy softly patted his head before picking up some stuff that was strewn across the room. "Hmm? Freddy?".

"Oh. Did I wake you up?" Freddy asked him. "I didn't mean to". "No, it's alright" Gregory sleepily said. "How was decorating Roxy's room?". "Oh, it was alright" Freddy replied. "She just wanted to change the colour of the mirror". Freddy picked up a small Freddy plush he found on the ground, and decided to drop it into Gregory's lap. The boy immediately took the toy and hugged it tight. "I'll be going to my recharge station now" Freddy said. Gregory nodded to him.

"I love you, Dad".

There was that word again. Freddy turned to him. Gregory's eyes were shut closed. He walked over to him and softly patted his head. "I love you too, son". Freddy went into the backroom to his recharge station and Gregory was so glad that his reckless and stupid idea ended up with him having a great dad and a great family.

----- -----