Sick Day

----- -----

When Gregory returned to the Pizzaplex after visiting downtown that afternoon, he was sneezing quite a lot and had a sore throat. "Are you alright, superstar?" Freddy asked him. "Your vocal cords sound a bit off". "Freddy, I'm okay" Gregory sniffled. "I just have a cold".

"I do not think that is something to simply brush over, Gregory" Freddy told him. "You need to take a rest. I'll carry you to our room". Gregory simply nodded as he was picked up by Freddy and carried off. Freddy placed him down on the couch and handed him his blanket. "You take a rest now, alright son?". "Alright, fine" Gregory pouted, and lay down on the couch. Freddy quietly exited the room to call the other animatronics for a meeting.

----- -----

"Gregory just got a cold, do any of you know how to treat it?". The animatronics all looked at eachother. They were robots, how were they supposed to know? "I heard that chicken soup is a popular way to cure it" Roxy said. "Roxanne Wolf, I'm literally sitting next to you!!" Chica scolded her. "But on that note, I heard that any hot liquids work! Tea, soup, juice. No caffeine though, for some reason. You learn a lot from the parents of the visiting children!"

"I think there's some cold medicine in the medbay area" Monty said. "Sundrop told me about it when one of the visitors got a cold". "Also, keep the poor kid warm!!" Chica pointed out. "Warm is the opposite of cold, therefore warm fights against cold!". Freddy nodded, taking in this information. "Ah, alright. I'll have to check those techniques out later".

----- -----

When Freddy arrived back at his dressing room, Gregory was still resting, but not asleep. "Hey, Freddy..." Gregory quietly said. Freddy sat down next to Gregory, and handed him a small flask. "Have you been resting well, superstar?". Gregory nodded, and opened the lid of the flask. The warmth of the steam immediately hit his face, and it smelt like froot loops. "Freddy, what is this?".

"It's warm apple juice," Freddy revealed. "Chica said it was good for colds". Gregory nodded, and was about to drink it before Freddy spoke up. "You might want to wait until your drink cools down" he advised. "You don't want to burn your tongue. Gregory lightly blew on the liquid, and just drank it, ignoring Freddy's warning. Yes, it burned his tongue.

"It tastes like green" he said afterwards. "I do not think green is a taste, Gregory" Freddy replied. "But I think I see what you mean". "Where did you get this?" Gregory questioned him. "The chefs usually have apples in the fridge as healthy snacks, so we were able to steal those and make something with it" Freddy replied. "Oh, we also found some cough medicine in the medical room for you!".

"Ew, all cough medicine tastes weird" Gregory pouted. "Oh, do not fret, Gregory!" Freddy told him, and his chest hatch opened, revealing a small box of medicine. "This one's strawberry flavoured. I heard kids like strawberries". Gregory leaned away, knowing exactly what Freddy was planning. "Oh, come on, Gregory!" Freddy told him, and poured some of the medicine into the small plastic spoon that came along with the box. "It'll only take a second, okay?".

Gregory finally stopped leaning away, and quickly swallowed the medicine. Which was then followed by Gregory making the most disgusted face ever and swallowing more of the extremely hot apple juice. "I told you the medicine tasted weird" Gregory hissed, as Freddy simply laughed. "I do not have taste buds, superstar. So I don't know what it tastes like".

Gregory leaned his head on Freddy's shoulder as he continued drinking his apple juice. He wasn't sure if it was just him or his cold, but he could feel the warmth radiating off of Freddy. He leaned in closer to him, to become closer to the warm feeling. Freddy put his arm around him, and Gregory slowly found himself snoozing off. Freddy automatically turned himself into Battery Saver mode so he could save more battery so he could stay with Gregory longer. And the two sat there, asleep on the couch.

----- -----