The Glowing Sun and the Shining Moon

----- -----
Went on a hiatus for a bit cause I didn't really feel like writing 😗✌️✌️✌️ Then listened to CG5's Superstar, was suddenly reminded of my one shot book, and got more inspiration so here ya go!!

This is kinda a warm-up chapter chapter to get me back into writing these characters again. I noticed that I haven't really given Sundrop that much major attention, so here you go!!
----- -----

Most of the other animatronics were busy with manufacturing after a particular performance kinda went wack, so Sundrop was assigned the job of babysitting Gregory for the while. So they were doing Arts and Crafts together.

"Hey, Sun. These scissors don't even work," Gregory told him. The safety scissods that Sun usually gave to children younger than Gregory were made out of plastic to ensure the safety of young kids. But Gregory was a bit older than the target demographic of the daycare, and he wasn't very suited for the scissors.

"Oh, yss! Of course!" Sundrop gasped. "Silly me! I'm just very used to giving out safety scissors to young children". He stood up to look around in the Arts and Craft drawer. "Sometimes older siblinga of the kids that visit come to accompany them, so we have spare sharper scissors around for them!". He gave the silver pair of scissors to Gregory, but made sure to stand a fair distance from him. "Thanks, Sun" Gregory told him, and took the scissors. He continued cutting the paper as Sun watched him.

"I noticed you've been a bit frightened of me," Gregory told him, as he stuck some white paper on a lollipop stick. "Not, exactly frightened. But you've been keeping far from me". "What!? No, no, no!" Sundrop told him. "There's nothing wrong! I just don't want to hurt you!". The memory of Moondrop was still seared into his head. He couldn't believe he actually hurt a kid!

"Wait, this is about the- Nevermind that!" Gregory told him. "You didn't mean to hurt me, I know-". "But I did!" Sundrop cried. "I'm supposed to take care of children and I go ahead and hurt the child of my own co-worker!". "You weren't yourself at that time," Gregory said. "Well- Moondrop wasn't himself at the time. And I forgive both of you, honest!". "And what happens if I hurt you again?" Sun asked him. "You won't. I know you won't" Gregory replied, continuing to glue and stick paper together. "You're nice. You wouldn't do that".

Sundrop patted his head affectionately. "You're such a sweet kid, Gregory" he said. "I'm glad the others picked you up". "Wait, Sun. I need to give you something". Gregory got out something from his pocket and slid it over to him. Two popsicle figures made of paper and Elmer's glue. A Sundrop figure, and a Moondrop figure. "I was making some popsicle figures of all the animatronics, and I thought you and Moon might like a gift," Gregory said. "Do you like it?". "Gregory, I absolutely love this!" Sundrop beamed, and hugged Gregory tight. "We love this!". Gregory chuckled as his hair was ruffled by the robot.

----- -----

The lights were still out when Freddy was finished his upgrades. The staff had recently given him some more fixes for his code, since it had glitched sometimes recently. He immediately went forward to the daycare to see if Gregory was alright. He had to be, Gregory would call him on his FazWatch if he was. Looks like he was really focused on his Arts and Crafts.

He went through the door and looked around in the dark. "Moondrop! Moondrop!". "I'm over here". The skeleton-like robot descended slowly from the ceiling, holding a sleeping Gregory in his arms. His bells jingled ever so lightly as he landed on the floor. Gregory was all huddled up in Moondrop's arms, covered in one of the free blankets the attendant have guests. The blanket was imbedded with glow in the dark Sundrop and Moondrop sigils, with extra stars sewn in for detail.

"You can take the blanket if you want," Moondrop told Freddy, as he handed the sleeping child to him. "Gregory was very fun for me and Sun to hang out with". "That's... A relief" Freddy sighed as he held Gregory in his arms. "Also, here". Moondrop handed Freddy an empty cookie tin, which Gregory used to store his popsicle figures for the others. "Gregory told me to give this to you once you returned". "Alright. Thank you for taking care of Gregory for me," Freddy told him. He left the daycare, and Moondrop went back to his stage up near the ceiling.

He got some Blu-tac from a drawer and used it to pin the two popsicle stick figures to a wall in his room. He often hung or stored gifts from children in this room of his. But Gregory's gift was really special for both Sundrop and Moondrop. It was a token that showed how he finally came to trust them.

----- -----