Part 2

~Time Jump: Next Morning~

Emma slept with Betty that night not wanting to let go of her. Jughead slept on one of the chairs as did Fp. Once Betty was allowed to leave the hospital Fp picked her up and carefully put her down in the wheelchair. Jughead was holding Emma but she just wanted to be in Betty's lap.

Emma- Betty!

Jughead- Honey she needs to sit in the wheelchair.

Emma- I want Betty!

Betty- Jug it's okay, I can hold her.

He handed Emma down to Betty and she sat in her lap. Fp wheeled them out of the hospital and took them over to the car.

Betty- N-No, we aren't getting in the car. (cries)

Fp- Betty, honey, we live an hour away...you have to get in the car.

Betty- No we aren't getting into that thing! (cries)

Jughead- Betts it'll be okay.

Betty- You d-don't know that. (cries)

Fp- I'll drive really slow, okay?

She nodded knowing that she had to get in the car. Jughead took Emma and put her in her car seat while Fp picked up Betty and sat her down in the back seat. He was going to let her sit in the front but she refused. Jughead and Fp got in the front of the car and before the drive off Fp made sure she was okay.

Fp- Are you ready honey?

Betty- N-No...but I guess I have to be. (cries)

Jughead- Betty, just close your eyes.

Betty nodded and looked at her little sister. She held her hand and shut her eyes. Fp started driving really slowly and Betty started sobbing hysterically.

Emma- Betty? (quietly)

Fp stopped the car and turned to look at Betty who was crying.

Fp- Honey we need to get home somehow.

Betty- I c-can't (sobs)

Jughead- Do you want me to sit with you in the back?

Betty nodded and he got out of the car and moved in between Betty and Emma. Fp started driving again and Betty was sobbing so hard. Jughead wrapped his arms around her and she cried into his shoulder.

Emma- Betty Betty Betty!

Jughead- She's okay sweetie, just try to sleep.

Betty- I'm scared and I don't know why...I can't even remember what happened. (sobs)

Jughead- I get it, just close your eyes and hold onto me.

He kept his arms around her waist and she hid her head in his neck. The whole hour drive she didn't open her eyes. She was too scared to look and too scared to let go of Jughead.

Fp- Betty, honey, we're home; you can open your eyes.

The girl opened her eyes and let go of Jughead.

Fp- Are you okay?

Betty- Y-Yeah.

Fp- I'll bring Emma inside, Jug you help Betty.

Fp got out of the car and took Emma inside.

Betty- I'm sorry if it was hurting you...I was just really scared. (quietly)

Jughead- It's okay you didn't hurt me, let me help you get out of the car.

He carefully got out and grabbed the wheel chair from the trunk. He picked her up and placed her down gently in the chair. He wheeled her up to the stairs in front of the house and looked down at her.

Jughead- Can I pick you up and carry you inside?

Betty- Yeah.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he picked her up bridal style. He brought her inside and gently laid her down on the couch. He went back out to grab the wheel chair and then he sat next to Betty on the couch.

Fp- Are you kids okay alone for a little bit, I need to go to work?

Betty & Jughead- Yeah.

Fp- Jug you need to take care of them okay?

Jughead- Don't worry I've got them.

Fp- Good, Emma is still sleeping right now so when she wakes up you're gonna have to get her.

Jughead- I've got it don't worry.

Fp- Alright, I'll see you in a bit.

Once Fp had left Betty looked at Jughead and smiled slightly, like she wanted something.

Jughead- What is it?

Betty- Can we watch a movie?

Jughead- Yeah! What do you want to watch?

Betty- Is your favorite movie still Rebel without a cause?

Jughead- Of course! I've probably seen it like thirty times!

Betty- Perfect! Can we watch it?

Jughead- Duh!!!

He turned on the movie and watched, practically quoting every line. The two giggled at each other as they both knew the same lines. Suddenly halfway through the movie Emma woke up and started crying really loudly.

Jughead- I'll go get her.

He ran upstairs and as Emma saw the door open to her room she said two words that broke Jughead's heart.

Emma- Mommy, Daddy (cries)

Jughead- No sweetie, it's me.

Emma- Where is Mommy, Daddy, Polly and Betty? (cries)

Jughead- B-Betty's downstairs.

Emma- I want Betty. (cries)

Jughead- Okay, don't cry sweetie.

He picked her up and she cried into his neck. He carried her downstairs but as soon as she saw Betty on the couch she jumped out of his arms. She climbed on top of Betty and hugged her so tight.