Part 19

Emma- Mommy!

Betty- Hey.

She ran to Betty and instantly jumped into her arms, then they went to eat some breakfast. But the whole time they ate Fp wouldn't keep his eyes off the two teenagers. Betty and Jughead knew why but they just decided to ignore him.

Emma- Mommy, can I go with you and Juggie today?

Betty- Baby, you can't. High school is for big kids.

Emma- But I don't want you to leave again.

Betty- I know my love, but this is just how it's going to work for now.

She nodded and hugged Betty tightly before they grabbed all of their stuff and began to leave for school. But before they walked out Fp looked at the two kids.

Fp- We still are talking when I get home from work.

They nodded and then left. Emma stayed in Betty's arms the whole walk to the daycare center, but as they arrived she began to cry again.

Betty- Emma, please don't cry.

Emma- I'm going to miss you. (cries)

Betty- I'm going to miss you too but it really won't be that long. Can you please be my big brave girl for me?

She nodded and wiped her tears away before hugging her tightly, then she walked in with her teacher.

Betty- That was a lot easier than yesterday.

Jughead- Yes it was. (chuckles)

Betty finished signing her in before she and Jughead left to go to school. The whole day was pretty relaxed. Their classes were good and they got to spend a lot of time with their friends but during their last class of the day Betty got a call from the daycare center.

Veronica- B, turn your phone off, she's gonna be pissed. (whispers)

Betty- I can't, it's the daycare center, I need to answer. (whispers)

Jughead- Ask to go to the bathroom. (whispers)

Betty- U-Um, Ms. Jacobs, may I please use the restroom?

Ms. Jacobs- I am not that stupid Elizabeth, I know you are going to answer your phone.

Betty- Please, I really need to.

Ms. Jacobs- You can wait until after class.

Betty- I really can't.

Ms. Jacobs- Ms. Cooper, if you need to answer the phone so badly then you can go to the principal's office.

Betty- Fine.

Betty got up and left the classroom while Jughead and Veronica looked at her empathetically. She ran to the principal's office and told Mr. Weatherbee what had happened, he instantly understood and allowed Betty to call the daycare center back.

On the phone:

Sarah- I'm so sorry to be bothering you Betty but Emma was begging me to call you.

Betty- It's okay, put her on.

Emma- Mommy!

Betty- Hey sweetie, are you okay?

Emma- Yeah! I wanted to tell you that I made a new friend!

Betty- That's great, baby!

Emma- Yeah, her name is Izzy! She likes to color and play princess just like me!

Betty- Wow, you can tell me more about her when I pick you up but I have to go back to my class.

Emma- Okay, when are you coming? I miss you.

Betty- I miss you too but I'll see you in about an hour.

Emma- Okay, bye bye mommy!

Betty- Bye baby girl.

Off the phone:

She placed her phone in her pocket and chuckled lightly but before she left the principal's office, Mr. Weatherbee called her name.

Weatherbee- Ms. Cooper, would it be okay if you came here for a meeting at the end of the day? I just want to have you here so you can explain the situation to your teachers, we don't want another incident like this to happen.

Betty- Um, yeah, but I can't stay long, I do need to pick up Emma.

Weatherbee- That won't be a problem, we can make it quick.

Betty- Thank you.

Weatherbee- Of course.

Betty got up and went back to her class but as soon as she walked in everyone turned to look at her. She walked to her seat next to Jughead and Veronica and sat down quietly, then the teacher went back to teaching.

Jughead- What happened? (whispers)

Veronica- Yeah, is everything okay? (whispers)

Betty- Yeah, she just wanted to tell me about her new friend. (whispers)

Veronica- Aww, oh my god, she is the cutest. (whispers)

Betty- I know. (whispers)

Betty giggled slightly, making Miss Jacobs look back at her with a glare.

Ms. Jacobs- Ms. Cooper, would you like to announce something to the class?

Betty- No, I'm good, thank you for asking.

Everyone giggled while Ms. Jacobs turned back around angrily.

Jughead- Nice job Betts. (chuckles quietly)

Betty- Thanks. (giggles softly)

They went back to paying attention for that last bit of class before they all left. But then Betty had to go back to the principal's office.

Jughead- Betts, where are you going?

Betty- Principal Weatherbee wants to meet with me and my teacher so I can explain the whole situation.

Jughead- Are you up for that?

Betty- I'll be fine.

Jughead- Okay, do you want me to come with you?

Betty- No, I'm good, just wait in the student lounge, I'll meet you there.

Jughead nodded as they began to walk opposite directions, but as soon as Betty got to the principal's office she saw all of her teachers standing in front of her.