Part 3

Betty- Are you okay baby?

Emma- Where's Mommy, Daddy and Polly? (cries)

Betty- I-I...(cries)

Jughead- Emma, can you come here honey?

She jumped off Betty's lap and walked over to Jughead. She crawled into his lap and she hugged him.

Emma- Where are they? (cries)

Jughead- Sweetie they're gone.

Emma- Why? (cries)

Jughead- Something happened and they got hurt.

Emma- Will they get better? (cries)

Jughead- No...I'm sorry.

Emma- Betty's here? (cries)

Jughead- She is but she got hurt too.

Emma- N-No, Betty don't go too. (sobs)

She got up and ran back over to Betty. Betty pulled the little girl onto her stomach and she held her tight.

Betty- I'm not going anywhere. (cries)

Emma- Promise? (sobs)

Betty- I promise. (cries)

She held her little sister so tight and kissed her all over her face. Emma laid against her chest and Betty kissed her head.

Emma- I'm hungry.

Betty- I can't really move but you can ask Jug.

Emma- Juggie, I'm hungry.

Jughead- Well we have the best diner a few minutes away. Do you want to go?

Emma- Yes yes yes!

Jughead- Great, let's get your shoes on.

Betty- Juggie I still can't walk.

Jughead- I'm gonna wheel you there.

Betty- All the way there? (giggles)

Jughead- It's not that far.

Betty- Okay.

He helped Emma put on her shoes and then placed Betty down gently in her wheelchair. She winced a little bit as her ankles touched the bottom but she tried to hide her pain from Jughead; it didn't matter though since he already noticed.

Jughead- I'm sorry did I hurt you?

Betty- N-No, I'm okay.

Jughead- Are you sure, you looked a little uncomfortable?

Betty- I'm fine Jug, my ankles just hurt a little bit.

Jughead- Okay, please tell me if it ever hurts though.

Betty- I will.

Jughead- Good, now, are we ready to go?

Emma- Yes yes yes!!!

Jughead- Alright, let's go!

Emma took Jughead's free hand as he started to wheel Betty out the door. Throughout the walk Emma would talk about random things like her favorite TV shows and Movies as well as the things that she saw on their way to the small diner. Betty loved listening to her sister talk, it made her feel happy even though so much was happening to them. But about halfway through the walk Emma got tired and decided to sit in Betty's lap the rest of the way. Once they arrived at Pops Jughead had to pick Betty up and carry her in since there are stairs in front. He picked her up and had Emma walk inside first so she was in front of them; as soon as they walked in everyone was staring. Betty felt really embarrassed and started blushing; she turned bright red.

Jughead- Betts, don't be embarrassed, you can't walk so I'm carrying you.

She nodded and they went to a booth. Emma crawled all the way towards the window and then Jughead placed Betty down next to her.

Jughead- I'm just gonna warn you now, this town is really small so everyone knows everyone. Since you're new here you're going to be asked a lot of questions but if it's something too personal I'll handle it.

Betty- Okay, thanks for the warning.

Jughead- Of course.

Betty began to look at the menu and was shocked by how much food they had at the restaurant.

Jughead- What do you think you want to get?

Betty- Well, I've been craving a burger since before...so I'm probably gonna get that.

Jughead- Great choice, but you also need to get a milkshake.

Betty- Why?

Jughead- Why? Because milkshakes are amazing, and I've never had one that's been better.

Betty- Really?

Jughead- Yep.

Betty- Okay, I'll get one of those too then.

Jughead- And what about you princess?

Emma- I don't know.

Betty- Do you want a grilled cheese sandwich, I know you love those?

Emma- Yes!

Jughead- That sounds yummy.

They talked for a little while longer until a young waitress walked over to their table.