Part 16

Betty- Juggie, why was everyone staring at me?

Jughead- Well, you're the new kid and we don't get many new kids, so everyones gonna be staring at you today.

Betty- Great. (sighs)

Jughead- Don't worry, if anyone tries to bother you, I'm here.

Betty- (giggles) Thank you.

She kissed him softly on the lips before Miss Bell walked up to them.

Miss Bell- Miss Cooper, I'm Miss Bell, principal Weatherbee is ready to see you.

Betty- (nods) Can Jughead come too?

Miss Bell- (smiles) Of course.

The two of them got up and went into Mr. Weatherbee's office, he instantly smiled as he saw the two.

Weatherbee- Hello Miss Cooper, nice to meet you.

Betty- Nice to meet you too.

Weatherbee- Fp has told me about your situation, I am very sorry, how are you doing?

Betty- Better now, it's still hard sometimes.

Weatherbee- That's understandable, and you have a little sister?

Betty- Yeah, Emma.

Weatherbee- How's she?

Betty- I think she's already starting to forget some of it, but she wants me with her 24/7 which can be a little difficult.

Weatherbee- (nods) Well I know you have a lot going on so we are here to help you with everything you need and I'm sure Mr. Jones is as well.

Betty turned to Jughead and smiled while taking his hand.

Weatherbee- I have your schedule and locker assignment here, all of your classes are the same as Mr Jones since I know you two are comfortable with each other, and if you ever need to miss a day he can catch you up at home.

Betty- Thank you.

Weatherbee- Of course, your first class starts in 15 minutes so take some time to look around and see the classrooms and everything.

Betty nodded and she and Jughead stood up to leave, they walked around for a minute so she could see everything but then they went to her locker.

Betty- These are bigger lockers than at my old school.

Jughead- Really?

Betty- Mhm.

Cheryl- Betty!

Betty turned around and saw her cousin next to her.

Betty- Hey.

Cheryl- Oh my god, is this your locker?

Betty- Yeah.

Cheryl- NO WAY, WE'RE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER!

Then suddenly Veronica came on the other side of them.

Veronica- OMG GUYS, WE'RE ALL NEXT TO EACH OTHER!

Betty giggled as Jughead just began laughing at their "oh my god" moment. Then they all had to go to class. But soon it was lunch and Jughead brought him and Betty over to all of his friends. They talked and ate but then Betty got a phone call.

On the phone:

Betty- Hello?

Sarah- Hi Betty, this is Miss Sarah. Emma has been doing pretty well today but now she's not playing with any of the other kids, she just wants you.

Betty- U-Um, I'm at school but let me see if Fp can pick her up, if not I'll be there. But in the meantime can you put her on the phone for a second?

Sarah- Yeah of course.

Emma- Mommy? (sniffles)

Betty- Hey baby girl, why are you crying?

Emma- I miss you. (cries)

Betty- I miss you too but I'll see you very soon.

Emma- I want you now. (cries)

Betty- I know babe, I'm going to see if Fp can pick you up, but if not I'll come get you.

Emma- O-Okay. (sniffles)

Betty- You're doing so good baby, I'll see you soon.

Emma- B-Bye. (cries)

Betty- Bye.

Sarah- Alright, we'll see you soon?

Betty- Most likely Fp, but yeah.

Sarah- Alright, bye.

Betty- Bye.

Off the phone:

Then she quickly called Fp.

On the phone:

Fp- Hey Betty, are you okay?

Betty- Yeah, but I just got a call from the daycare center, they said that Emma really wants to be picked up.

Fp- I can pick her up but she'll have to stay at work with me for a few hours.

Betty- That's fine.

Fp- Do you want me to meet you guys at Pops after school so she can then be with you?

Betty- That would be great.

Fp- Alright, I'll see you then.

Off the phone:

Betty put her phone down and sighed before walking back over to everyone, instantly she just leaned against Jughead as he wrapped his arm around her.

Cheryl- What's wrong B?

Fangs- Yeah, are you okay?

Betty- (nods) Emma just wants me.

Kevin- Poor baby.

Toni- Is Fp going to pick her up?

Betty- Yeah, and then we're going to meet him at Pops after school so we can take Emma.

Veronica- Oh my god, can I come?! I wanna see the munchkin!

Betty- (giggles) Sure, you can all come if you want.

Then the bell rang for their next class. Everyone began going in different directions to get to their classrooms, which allowed Jughead to have a moment with Betty.

Jughead- Was Emma really okay?

Betty- (shrugs) She was crying, saying she wanted me. And I know she's calling me mommy now but I'm not her mother, I don't know what to do. (tears)

Jughead- Hey, don't get upset. I know it's hard but you'll both be okay, and I'm here to help you.

Betty- (nods) I love you.

Jughead- I love you too.

He gave her a soft kiss on the cheek before they went to their last few classes of the day. Then they went to Pops with their friends. They all got some milkshakes and talked but then Fp walked in with Emma in his arms, but as soon as she saw Betty she jumped down and ran to her.