Part 7

Fp- Betty, sweetie, are you okay?

Betty- Y-Yeah, I'm sorry I woke you. What time is it?

Fp- It's 4:28, but please don't be sorry.

Jughead- Betts, what was it?

Betty- I had a dream...about the accident. It was like part of it was coming back to me. Almost like it came out of my memory. I still don't remember everything that happened. But I just re-lived a part of it. (cries)

Jughead- Oh my god...what happened?

Fp- Jug, don't make her if she's not ready.

Betty- I-It's okay...it was after the crash. I heard Emma crying but when I opened my eyes I couldn't see because of the smoke coming from the engine. I called for everyone but Emma was the only one that answered. I reached out for her and pulled her out of her carseat, but Polly wasn't between us. Then I just held her until someone knocked on the window. But before I could see who it was, I woke up. (sniffles)

Neither Fp nor Jughead responded. They didn't know what they could say. But then Betty leaned her head back onto Jughead's shoulder, allowing him to wrap his arms around her stomach. Then they just stayed there for a few moments, silently.

Jughead- Are you okay?

Betty- F-For now. (tears)

Fp- Do you want us to go or stay?

Betty- You can go back to bed, I'll be fine.

Jughead- Are you sure? I can stay if you want.

Betty- I'm sure.

Jughead- Okay...

Fp- Betty, if you need us we'll come, okay?

She nodded and they walked out, but she couldn't fall back to sleep for another hour and a half. Finally just before 6 she had fallen back to sleep but not even an hour later Emma had gotten up and ran to Betty, wanting to be with her.

Emma- Betty!

Betty- Hi my love.

Emma- Cuddles?

Betty- Of course, come on up.

Emma ran over and climbed up onto her sister's bed, instantly laying in her arms. The two of them cuddled together for a little while before Jughead walked in to see how they were doing.

Jughead- Hey you two.

Betty- Hey.

Emma- Juggie!

Jughead- Do you guys want to go downstairs? My dad made us some breakfast.

Emma- Yeah!

Emma jumped up and ran downstairs making the two teens chuckle, but then Jughead picked Betty up.

Jughead- How did you sleep after...

Betty- Not great, I couldn't fall back to sleep for a while, and then Emma came in early.

Jughead- I'm sorry.

Betty- It's okay, I'm not really that tired.

Jughead- Good.

They all had breakfast and relaxed for a little while but then Fp walked over to Betty and Jughead who were on the couch, while he had Emma in his arms.

Fp- This little one wants to go to the park so I'm gonna take her for a little bit. Jughead, do you want to invite over some of your friends so Betty can get to know some people? If you guys want to.