Part 10

~A few days later~

Betty hadn't had any more dreams since that last one where she had gotten to the hospital. Today they have to go back there so she can get her legs checked out.

Fp- Betty, we have to go back to the doctor. He said he wants to check on you and get you to slowly start walking again.

Betty- But we have to drive..?

Fp- Yes but I promise nothing is going to happen.

Betty- One, you can't promise that. And two I am not getting back in a car. (tears)

Fp- Sweetheart, you have to.

Betty- Then I'm not going. (tears)

Fp- Betty...

Jughead- Dad, can we talk alone for a minute?

Fp- (sighs) Yeah, come here Emma.

Fp took Emma out of the room while Jughead began to talk with Betty.

Jughead- Betts-

Betty- I'm not going. (tears)

Jughead- Betty, you have to. I know you're scared and I know what happened was awful but I promise you, you will be okay.

Betty- I don't want to go. (cries)

Jughead- I know, but you just have to.

Betty- I'm scared. (cries)

Jughead- It's okay to be scared.

Betty- Are you coming with us? (softly)

Jughead- If you want Emma and I too, then we will.

Betty- Yeah, can you please come? (softly)

Jughead- Of course.

Then Fp walked back in with Emma.

Fp- Are you ready to go?

Betty- Y-Yeah...

Fp- I promise I'll drive slow.

Betty nodded and allowed Jughead to pick her up. He sat in the back seat between Betty and Emma, holding Betty the entire drive. As soon as they got to the hospital Jughead placed Betty down in the wheelchair and they wheeled her in. Emma sat in her lap while Fp was signing them in. After about ten minutes they were brought to a room and Jughead helped Betty lay in the bed, Emma of course climbed on top of her.

Betty- What are you doing? (giggles)

Emma- I want cuddles.

Betty giggled and kissed her cheek while hugging her tightly. Then soon the doctor came in.

Doctor- Betty, how are you doing?

Betty- I'm okay.

Doctor- Have you had any pain in your legs?

Betty- Not really.

Doctor- That's good. Have you tried walking yet?

Betty- No.

Doctor- Okay, well, we're going to do that today.

She nodded and the doctor asked Jughead and Emma to leave, but before they did Jughead kissed her head.

Doctor- Alright, I'm going to unwrap your legs just to see if the bruises and cuts have healed a bit.

She nodded and he began to unwrap her legs but Betty became very nervous so Fp held her hand. Once he fully unwrapped her legs so looked down and saw a bunch of bruises but the cuts were mainly healed.

Doctor- Your legs look great! Now we just need to get you walking. I am going to start you off on crutches though, and if that goes well we can go without.

Betty nodded and Fp helped her stand. She winced at the sudden feeling since her bruises were still fresh but as she started walking with the crutches she felt okay. So they decided to walk down the halls. Betty walked up and down the hallway for a few minutes before deciding to try without the crutches. Fp held her hand for the first minute but then she began to walk on her own.

Doctor- You're doing so great! Are you feeling any pain?

Betty- A little bit but I'm okay.

Doctor- Well we'll give you some pain meds for that.

Suddenly Emma came running down the hallway having seen her sister walking again.

Emma- Betty! You're walking!

Betty- Yeah!

She ran and jumped into Betty's arms making them both laugh. Then Jughead came up to them completely out of breath.

Jughead- Damn that kid is fast. (heavily breathing)

Betty- Yes she is.

Betty gave her a kiss on the cheek before placing her back down, then they slowly walked back to the hospital room. Bettt sat down in the bed, Emma sitting next to her while the doctor talked to them.

Doctor- Your legs are healing great! I am going to give you some pain killers for if you experience any pain and I am also going to give you these antibiotics that you will have to take for a week just to clear up any infection from the glass.

Fp- Alright, where can we pick that up?

Doctor- Both of those I can give to you right now, I will be right back.

The doctor left the room and grabbed both of the pills before handing them to Fp. Then they were allowed to leave. Fp sighed them out and they all walked to the car. Jughead still sat between the two girls while Betty held his hand but she slowly began to get more comfortable. As soon as they got home Emma ran into the house wanting to play with her sister, Betty giggled and just walked slowly behind her. The two of them had sat down together and played for a while...but then Emma went over to Jughead.