Part 12

The next morning Betty woke up to Emma crawling up onto her stomach. Instantly she wrapped her arms around the little girl and kissed her cheek lightly.

Betty- Good morning my love.

Emma- Good morning mama.

She smiled lightly and continued to hold the little one for a while. But soon they got hungry so they walked downstairs and went into the kitchen to eat some breakfast. No one else had been up yet so Betty just got cereal for the two of them. They ate all of it before going to the living room to cuddle on the couch together. Then Fp came downstairs and watched the two on the couch for a moment. Betty's arms around Emma while she was laying on top of her. Then he walked over to them.

Fp- Hey girls.

Betty- Hey.

Emma- Hi. (quietly)

Fp- Did you guys eat already?

Betty- Yeah, she was hungry so I just got us cereal.

Fp- (nods) Do you want anything else?

Betty- Do you want anything babe?

Emma- No thank you.

Betty- We're good, thank you.

He nodded and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast for himself. Then Emma jumped up and grabbed the TV remote. She handed it to Betty and had her turn it on, immediately she switched the channel to Disney Junior where they were playing Doc Mcstuffins. She giggled and laid back down against Betty's chest before turning to watch. The whole time Betty just watched how Emma was so mesmerized. She ran her fingers through the girl's hair and didn't stop looking at her until she heard Jughead's voice.

Jughead- Good morning!

Betty- Good morning Jug.

Emma- Morning Juggie!

Emma jumped up and reached her arms up for the boy. He chuckled and picked her up onto his shoulders.

Emma- (giggles) Mommy! Save me!

Betty giggled and got up from the couch. She grabbed onto Emma's hands and pulled her off of Jughead's shoulder. She held her on her hip and kissed her head lightly before placing her down. She ran back over to the couch and began to watch the TV again while Betty stood next to Jughead.

Jughead- How'd you sleep last night.

Betty- Okay.

Jughead- Did you have any more dreams?

Betty- N-No.

Jughead- Really?

She nodded and looked back at Emma who was once again mesmerized by the TV. Then Fp walked over to them.

Fp- Jug, there are some pancakes in the kitchen. The rest are for you.

Jughead- Thanks.

Jughead went in and grabbed the whole stack before going and sitting next to Emma on the couch. He began eating and Emma took a few bites from him, then Betty walked over to join them.

Emma- Mama!

She reached her arms out for Betty so as soon as she sat down she pulled the little girl into her lap. Jughead instantly smiled and gave Betty a little bit of pancakes. Fp smiled and watched the three of them for a moment before going back into the kitchen to clean up. The four of them spent all day together, relaxing, playing games, etc. But once again it was time for bed and Betty was so nervous to have another dream...but she didn't let anyone see her fear.

Jughead- Are you good?

Betty- (nods) Mhm.

Jughead- Okay, if you have another dream...please come to me.

She nodded and he gave her a kiss on the cheek before walking out of her room. She stayed awake for a while, not wanting to fall asleep, but she got to a point where her eyes just couldn't stay open. So she placed her phone down and let sleep take over. Soon she was right back where she left off.

The door had opened and she saw her baby sister standing there crying.

Emma- BeeBee (sobs)

Fp- Come here sweetie...do you want to talk to her?

She nodded and ran to the man. He brought her into his lap and let the little girl look at her sister but she instantly reached her arms out to her.

Fp- Baby, what are you doing?

Emma- I want BeeBee, I wanna play with BeeBee! (sobs)

Fp- Honey, she's asleep.

Emma- P-Please! (sobs)

Fp- (sighs) You have to be so gentle, okay?

She nodded slowly and he placed her down, allowing her to pull herself up onto the hospital bed where her sister was. Then she just laid in her arms silently.

Fp- I know she's asleep, but talk to her.

She looked at her sister's face and touched her cheek lightly before leaning her head on her chest.

Emma- BeeBee, please wake up. I want to play with you and mama and dada and Polly. I miss you. (sniffles)

She wanted to say she missed her too, but nothing came out. Then she heard Fp sigh.

Fp- Alright baby girl, let's go back to the waiting room.

Emma- Why? (tears)

Fp- So Jughead can get a chance to talk to Betty.

Emma- But...I wanna stay here. (cries)

Fp- You can come back after, okay?

She nodded and kissed Betty's cheek before carefully hopping off the bed and taking Fp's hand. But before they walked out she waved goodbye.

Betty jumped up and clutched her chest when her breathing quickened but she quickly calmed herself down. For a few minutes she just laid in her bed and looked out the window but then she heard Emma cry loudly.