Part 5

Cheryl- Betty?

Betty- Cheryl!

Cheryl instantly hugged Betty so tight and a few tears escaped from both of their eyes.

Cheryl- Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever!

Betty- I know, it's been like what...ten years?

Cheryl- Probably.

Jughead- Wait, how do you two know each other?

Betty- We're cousins. (giggles)

Toni- Wow, I wasn't expecting that one.

Jughead- Same.

Toni- Well, hi, I'm Toni, Jughead's friend and Cheryl's girlfriend.

Betty- Hi!

Cheryl- Wait Betty.....

Betty- This is Emma, my sister and your other cousin.

Cheryl- Oh my god! Hi Emma!

Emma- Hi (quietly)

Betty- Em don't be nervous, she's our family.

Emma- How come I've never met here?

Cheryl- Our families haven't seen each other for a while so I've just never met you...but how are Polly, Auntie Alice and Uncle Hal?

Suddenly Betty went pale and she started to cry quietly. Jughead took her hand and caressed it lightly, trying to calm her.

Betty- Um...t-they d-died in a c-car accident. (cries quietly)

Cheryl- O-Oh my god...I-I'm sorry, are you okay? (tears)

Betty- I'm trying to be, but it's hard. My legs also got banged up so I can't walk. (tears)

Cheryl- Oh my god...were you in the car?

Betty- Y-Yeah, we both were. (tears)

Cheryl- Betty...

Cheryl sat down right next to Betty and pulled her into her embrace.

Cheryl- Everything will get better soon, I promise. (quietly)

Betty- I hope you're right.

Cheryl- I am, but if you ever want to talk I'll be here...oh let me give you my number just so you have it.

Betty gave Cheryl her phone and she added her contact info. After she gave her phone back Emma looked at Cheryl and reached her arms out to her. She pulled her into her lap and hugged her.

Emma- You're family?

Cheryl- Yes, I'm your cousin.

Emma- Cousin?

Cheryl- Yep!

Emma- Yay!

Emma hugged her and then went back into Betty's lap. She hid her face in Betty's chest and Betty rested her head on top of Emma's.

Cheryl- Betty, call me if you ever need anything and Jones you better be nice to my cousins!

Jughead- I will Cheryl.

Cheryl- Good, come on TT!

Toni- Well it was nice meeting you, and I'm sorry about your family.

Betty- Thank you, it was nice meeting you too.

They walked away and Betty let out a sigh. Jughead looked into her eyes and he could see the pain, but she was trying so hard to hide it.

Jughead- I'm sorry Betts.

Betty- It's fine, there's nothing you can do anyway.

Soon their food came and they ate every last piece of food that was on their plates. Emma even tried her first milkshake; she loved it. Once they were done Jughead paid and then picked up Betty to bring her to her wheelchair. Emma ran in front of them and was about to fall but an older man caught her.

Pop- Careful sweetie I don't want you getting hurt.

Jughead- Oh my god Pop, I'm so sorry! Thank you for catching her.

Pop- No problem Jughead, are these two ladies with you?

Jughead- Yes, this is Betty and that's Emma.

Pop- Hi, it's nice to meet you, I'm Pop Tate.

Betty- Hi, it's nice to meet you too.

Pop- Do you need any help getting outside?

Jughead- I've got Betty but do you mind bringing Emma out?

Pop- No, not at all!

Pop picked up Emma and brought her outside while Jughead handled Betty and put her down in her wheelchair. Once she was comfortable Pop handed Emma down to her.

Pop- I definitely know I haven't seen you two before so are u just visiting?

Betty- Well we're from New York but we're going to be staying with Jug and FP for a while.

Pop- Good! I hope I see you here more.

Betty- Oh you will! The food was delicious!

Pop- I'm glad. Be safe and if you ever need anything Pop's is always here.

Betty- Thank you.

Jughead- Thanks Pop, I'll see you soon.

Pop- I know you will.

Pop went back inside and Jughead started to walk them back home. Once they made it back to the house Emma was asleep. Jughead called FP since he was inside and he had him come out and take Emma so he could help Betty. Jughead brought Betty to the couch while FP woke Emma and gave her a bath before she had to go to sleep; but once she was done with her bath she only wanted Betty. She ran downstairs and climbed onto the couch into Betty's arms.

Betty- Hey, what are you doing up, you need to go to sleep.

Emma- No...not without you. (quietly)

Betty- (sighs) Okay, you go back up to FP, I'll be up in a minute.

She nodded and then ran back upstairs. Betty looked at Jughead and he smiled while lifting her into his arms.

Betty- I'm sorry you have to carry me everywhere.

Jughead- Don't be sorry, I like holding you.

She giggled and he brought her up to Emma's bedroom. He placed her down in the bed next to Emma and she curled into her sister's chest. Fp and Jughead left the room to give the two some space and Betty held Emma tight.