Part 23

~Five Years Later~

Jughead was walking in Central Park since he was having writer's block and needed to clear his mind, but then he saw them. His beautiful blond sitting on the park bench while she watched her now ten year old daughter play on the playground. But then she saw him.

Emma- DADDY!

Emma jumped off the jungle gym and ran to him as fast as she possibly could. She jumped into his arms and allowed him to pick her up as he hugged her tightly.

Jughead- Hey baby girl.

Emma- I missed you so much!

Jughead- I missed you too...you're so big now. (tears)

Then he heard HER clear her throat.

Jughead- H-Hey.

Betty- Hi...what are you doing here?

Jughead- Just walking around, is that a problem?

Betty- No...Emma came here, we're going home.

Emma- No, I want to stay with dad!

Betty- Emma, come here! Now!

Emma- Fine! (wines)

She let go of Jughead and stomped back over to her mother...but then another little girl came up to them.

???- Mommy, I'm sleeping.

Betty- U-Um...don't worry baby, we're going home.

The little girl reached her arms up to her mother allowing her to pick her up while Betty took Emma's hand, then they walked away. But Jughead followed them all the way back to their house. He waited outside on the patio for a moment but then knocked, needing to talk to Betty. Instantly Emma opened the door and smiled widely.

Emma- Yay! You're here!

Jughead- Yeah, can I come in?

Emma- Yes, yes, yes!

Emma took Jughead's hand and brought him inside. They sat on the couch together and Emma talked to him about a bunch of things until they heard Betty's voice.

Betty- Emma, who are you talking to?

Emma- Dad.

She walked into the living room and saw the two sitting together, she instantly became angry.

Betty- Emma, you know you're not supposed to open the door unless I tell you too!

Emma- But mom-

Betty- No buts, go upstairs!

She instantly started crying and ran upstairs while Betty just sighed.

Jughead- Why did you yell at her?

Betty- I didn't mean to, I-I'm just...why are you here?

Jughead- Betty, we need to talk.

Betty- Wow, I thought you wouldn't have any time for me considering the fact that you are a published author.

Jughead- How'd you know that?

Betty- You're famous Jones, haven't you heard? Now why are you really here?

Jughead- Your other kid.

Betty- W-What about her?

Jughead- She's mine, isn't she?

Tears instantly came to Betty's eyes, but then she yelled...

Betty- GET OUT! (tears)

Jughead- Betty I-

Betty- No! Leave, Now! (tears)

Jughead- I'm not leaving until you tell me the truth!

Betty- Yes! Now leave!

Betty hit his chest softly and started pushing him towards the door but then he grabbed her wrist tightly.

Jughead- I am not leaving until I get to meet my child!

Betty- N-No... (cries)

He squeezed her wrists harder making her let out a sob but then they saw Emma.

Emma- Dad, stop! Don't hurt mom!

He quickly let go of her as Emma ran to Betty, then she hugged her tightly.

Jughead- B-Betty...I-I...

???- Mama! (cries)

Betty- I'm coming, Jules! Emma, stay here with dad.

She nodded but crossed her arms as she looked at him. She loved him but couldn't stand the fact that he had just hurt her mother. They went back to the living room and waited until Betty came down with a beautiful little girl in her arms.

Jughead- She's beautiful. (softly)

Betty- Yeah, she is...Juliet, do you want to say hi?

She shook her head and turned her head into her mothers neck.

Betty- Do you want to go play outside with sissy for a little bit?

She nodded and took Emma's hand as they both walked outside, then Betty and Jughead were left alone once again.

Jughead- I-I'm sorry I hurt you...I was just angry.

Betty- I honestly don't care, but if you ever do it again you will not be allowed back here.

Jughead nodded and looked at Betty who was now on the verge of tears. He moved closer to her and gently placed his hand on her back.

Jughead- Hey, are you okay?

Betty- Y-Yeah...I just have so many feelings for you and even if I don't want them to be there, I can't stop them. (tears)

Jughead- Like what?

Betty- I hate you and you make me so angry but at the same time I l-love you and it hurts my heart to even be seeing you right now. (tears)

He nodded and looked directly into her eyes.

Jughead- Betty, you have a right to hate me. I was an asshole and I said some terrible things that I shouldn't have said. But about loving me...

He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his lap, kissing her lips passionately. She kissed back though so much of her was still hurt but then they heard Emma and Juliet.

Emma & Juliet- Ewwwwww!

Betty- (giggles) Oh shush, come here.

Emma ran and jumped onto the couch between Betty and Jughead while Juliet walked very slowly to her mother. Betty pulled her little four year old into her lap and wrapped her arms around her stomach while she looked at her father nervously.

Betty- Baby, it's daddy...do you want to say hi?

She shook her head and leaned into her mothers arms fearfully.

Betty- I'm sorry Jug, she's very shy.

Jughead- It's okay, I need to head home anyway.

Betty nodded sadly while Emma just held onto him tightly not wanting him to leave. After Betty and Jughead exchanged each other's new phone numbers he left to go back to his home while Betty played with the kids the rest of the day.