12: Obama's last name

________________🦋

"you are my high, do you hear me, love?
-diplo,'you are my high'

🦋________________

•Jasmine•

"What the hell is in this?" I sniffed the metal cup that Bryson handed to me.

"Pure fuel,"

"Did you really just quote 'Stranger Things'?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Maybe," he chuckled.

To say Bryson was drunk was a mere understatement.

Even though I initially didn't want to, I found myself at Rosemary's party and of course the invitation was Bryson's. The party was in full swing as there were a bunch of people dancing to fast paced EDM, which wasn't my type of music, while a few made out against walls or on the couch, some played beer pong in the dining room while others just stood around interactively talking to other people.

"Yo I'm tryna take a leak," he slurred.

"Right here?" I cocked my eyebrow at him.

"No dumbass hold my drink." he handed me his drink and then I stuck my tongue out at him as he staggered away.

I was supposed to stay sober because a silly game of heads or tails had decided so, meaning I'd be the designated driver.

'Girls need love' by Summer Walker started playing and even though I was sober, I stood up to dance to it.

I swayed my hips from side to side, running my hands through my hair, my chest. The song made me feel sexy, especially when the beat dropped and Drake's part came on.

I was startled when I felt hands around my waist, reminding me of the night I met Mia, only, these hands were stronger, bigger and had a familiar possessiveness to them.

Javadd?

I immediately turned to face him and even in the darkness, I still recognized the braces in his smile almost warming my heart until I remembered our last encounter making me back away from him.

"Diego," I started monotonously.

"You look pretty," he breathed in my ear.

I had on a sleeveless turtleneck top with a pair of mom jeans and brown Jordans. I looked pretty average so I was guessing he was drunk (and probably horny as hell) and yet his compliment still made me feel nice about myself.

"What are you doing here, Diego?" I crossed my hands in front of my chest.

"I'm just tryna talk shawty," I cringed.

It takes two minutes for a person to realize they like someone. Although it may take five seconds than that for them to realize they don't have the same feelings anymore.

He knew I was mad at what had happened the other night and he seemed amused by it.

"Alright talk to me then. What do you wanna say?"

_-_-_-_

"...this is what I like to refer to..well, at least informally as 'daddy issues'. Are you familiar with that term, Jasmine?" She lowered her glasses to stare at me. "Your attraction to toxic men may be rooted from your father's absence and, or his toxicity."

"Nope. I don't get what this has to do with me. In fact I don't get how any of these sessions are helping me," I sighed deeply and then laid my head back on to the leather couch.

"Why do you think these sessions are not helping?" She scratched her chin and then clicked her pen.

"Because I don't need help, I'm perfectly fine. I don't even need the prescription of anxiety pills you gave me. It's just something I gotta work through and get over."