3: Cheers.

_______________🦋

"...and I'm sure you may think that I've outgrown you, I couldn't.."

- coin,'Malibu 1992'

🦋______________

I found myself driving to the local cafe because I had been craving coffee for the third time that day and for some reason, I felt the coffee at our house wouldn't suffice. It just wasn't the same. Bryson had the nerve to assume that I was addicted to coffee.

I was not addicted.

I then arrived at the café and then left my car In a dimly lit alley where a two other cars where parked. I actually liked the cafe because not many people knew about it, which almost made me feel as though I had discovered a really good band and was gatekeeping it from the rest of my friends.

I walked into the café and then took in the mouth watering aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans. I liked to call these brief moments of excitement towards coffee as coffee-garsms.

Too much? Okay.

The café, which was furnished with oakwood on its walls, main countertop and tables was not very spacious, but rather cozy, warm and inviting. I appreciated the interior of the café as always, by looking around, admiring it, wishing I had brought my canvas. I scanned the room a little more and then my heart skipped a beat when my eyes landed on a particular human boy sitting at a far end booth inside the cafe, his eyes glued to his smartphone.

Diego.

He was so focused on whatever it is that was on his phone which was why he did not notice me. I then remembered showing him this place before, which I immediately regretted now when I thought about it deeply. But looking over at him again made me think otherwise again. He wore a simple sweatshirt and grey pants.

He could wear a tree branch and I'd still feel the same way about him as I did a year ago.

Okay maybe not a tree branch, but you get the point.

I did the only logical thing anyone in my position would have done.

I walked up to his table and then bumped it 'by mistake'.

"Oh— hey, there Diego, didn't even notice you were in here," I chuckled awkwardly. "What are you doing here?" I inwardly cringed at my conversation starter.

"I'm just, well, using the Cafe's free WiFi" and then he gave out a smile showing his braces.

He seemed to be the only person who made braces attractive.

"Typical." I giggled "This seat taken?" I asked.

"Yeah, only by you flower." he murmured as he glanced at me as though I were the only girl in the world and my poor heart skipped a little beat.

Flower.

A reference that was very nostalgic.

_-_-_

"I just wanna know, i mean everyone has an embarrassing second name, but I'm pretty sure yours is not bad," I giggled as I tugged Diego's shirt while we took our walk.

"It's waay too embarrassing, I need you to think I'm perfect for now." He said with a content smile on his face.

"Okay let's make a deal," I faced him, our hands still intertwined " I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours,"

"Okay. Deal. But you're gonna have to tell me first."

" Nope. It doesn't work like that. You're first," I smirked