19: Romance is not dead-Part 1

__________________🦋

"passion burning, causing rapture of laughter..."

     –the internet×kaytranada , 'girl'

🦋________________

I stood by Javadd's fireplace in his plain dark blue cotton shirt—which was too big for me, as the neckline slung over my shoulder, and Luis Vuitton boxer shorts which even though detergent clean, still smelled like him.

The place looked both minimalist and expensive, the pictures on the wall adding a homely touch to it, as it resembled an office space due to the neutral colors.

I eyed the large framed picture that was above the fireplace with what I guessed was Javadd's family. A beautiful older woman with long black hair who despite resembling Javadd the most, had dark brown eyes, unlike his father, who sat on a chair, next to Javadd, had his striking grey eyes which seemingly matched his hair which was silver-grey. He had Javadd's boyish smile and dimples and on his lap was a little girl with thin curly hair and brown eyes, just like the mother.

To say that they were a good-looking family was an understatement.

I heard a ping on my phone which was on the table which caused the screen to brighten. Below a 'Clear storage space' notification,  another notification read: 

{(Musify) You have been logged out of your account 'brysnandjsmine'. For more information....}    

"Really, Bryson? Changing the password of OUR  joint music streaming account?" I asked no one in particular.

"Coffee. My recipe," Javadd emerged from the kitchen in nothing but grey sweatpants and two black mugs. Droplets of water fell from his hair making it thinner.

He gave me an incredulous look and i guessed he may have heard me talking to myself.

I couldn't decide whether I was drooling because of the hot bare chested man in front of me sculpted like a roman Greek god or the heart stopping smell of roasted coffee beans.

I looked away from his body and decided I needed to remember how to speak.

"Uh thanks... actually thank you for everything, I really could've caught a cold. And I'll be on my way once my clothes are dry," I took the cup from his hands, avoiding his stare.

"Well thats a bummer, I like the way you look in my clothes," he stood beside me.

"Of course, I look good in everything," I tutted, causing Javadd to chuckle softly.

Taking a sip out of the mug, a strong bitter aftertaste followed once I had swallowed the contents.

"Did you put whiskey in this?" I gave him a look.

"My recipe. I don't have to tell you the ingredients—but yeah." He sipped into his mug.

"Your mom's very pretty." I looked back at the photograph.

"Thank you. Although I do think all that credit goes to Kia." He pointed over where the little girl was in the picture.

Oh so that's Kia.

"She's gonna be a little heart breaker," he grinned so wide I could see his teeth and his eyes shone in what I suspected to be sentiment.

"So I'm guessing your parents aren't around much?" I asked instead.

"Yeah, mum's back in the UK with Kia, I'm practically staying here on my own,  until I graduate." He made his way to the wooden chair by the fireplace, I followed suit by sitting on a second chair across him.

"Oh, okay. And your dad, he out of the picture?" I crossed my legs, taking a sip out of my mug.

"He passed away about a year and a half ago."

I looked at him, while his gaze just fell to the floor, as he let out a heavy breath. That, and the crackling of flames swallowing up the wood in the fireplace were the only sounds in the room.

"Javadd...I am so sorry, I didn't know. We don't have to talk about it." I immediately regretted asking him.

As I'd mentioned before, relationships were a game to me.

A game I knew all too well.

The fastest way to stir up feelings in a boys heart was to get them to open up to you, so they could trust you. It wouldn't seem fair to get Javadd to open up to me in a pathetic attempt to get him to fall for me.

"No it's okay. I've never really talked to anyone about it, but maybe I should," he ran his hands across his hair.

"So what was he like?" I decided to ask an easy question.

Comforting people wasn't my greatest strength, but I could try.

"Well he loved his work, that's what he was most passionate about, but he always made time for family." A sad smile crept up on his face. "And bloody hell, he had all these terrible dad jokes that I didn't think I would ever have to miss."

I dragged my chair closer to his and then placed my hand atop his own, as an encouragement for him to continue speaking.

"It was my fault he died," he started.

His fault?

***
A/N
hey lovess🖤

you KNOW I had to leave a cliffhanger haha. so I guess the rest will make sense in the next chapter.

don't be a silent reader, let me know what you think, vote, comment, share :)

kisses and pineapples
            –nicole <3