24: Matching Hickeys.

🦋_________________

"…don't bother looking down, we're not going that way,"

                 –girl in red, 'we fell in love in October'
_________________🦋

"Javadd we're gonna be late,"

"You don't seem to be resisting." He whispered into my ear, his hands on my waist.

We were in the school parking lot and the bell had just rung, signaling for the first class, which was Biology, that I was currently running late for, but Javadd and I seemed to be in a bubble of our own. I was happy, and I hated it because it was inevitable that it would be short–lived. Life was like that. Every romance movie I've ever watched was like that too.

"I'm going to class, I think you should too."I teased, and then pushed him away from me." And, you've got a little something on your neck," I referred to the very lovely hickey I had left a little under his jawline in the previous night.

"We're matching, then?" He raised his eyebrows, his eyes low on my lips and I suspected he wanted to kiss me again.

To be fair, I had a matching one (on my waist, where he had bit me, and a couple of them on my chest and one on my shoulder and neck) and I hadn't even felt him leave marks on me.

"Bye Mr.O'Brien," I secretly smiled.

With that, I made my way to class immediately hoping it would be over before it had even began. I hoped that no one would remember the incident that had happened in the previous day. Or that nobody would noticed I'd been wearing clothes from the previous day, too.

I took a seat at the back of the biology lab, and then before my bottom could even make contact with my chair, a little–too–gingerly for my liking voice started speaking.

"So I heard you had a little panic attack yesterday?" Rosemary set her perfectly manicured fingers on the table top with a look of counterfeit concern on her face.

"Anxiety attack." I corrected, my eyes remained trained on to the smart board in front of the class.

"Yeah, that. It's people like you who help raise awareness for mental health, or whatever," she flipped her hair over her bare shoulder, "but there's absolutely no reason to seek attention by making a scene in class like that, I mean, were you hoping to get Javadd's attention?"

I just remained quiet, fingernails digging in the centre of my palm. I never really learnt how to properly handle the words that spewed out of my mouth properly when I was angry.

Pineapples, pineapples, pineapples.

Before I could protest, she pulled the neckline of my turtleneck down. "Wait, is that a hickey? Did you get that from Diego? Because you two seemed pretty close at the party,"

"Just leave me alone, Rosemary."

"You leave Javadd alone." She shot back.

"What?"

"Yes, you heard me. Stay the fuck away from Javadd. There's no reason for you to want both Diego and Javadd. Just because you're daddy's little spoilt princess, it doesn't mean you can always get what you want," she had a scowl on her face now.

I didn't take an idiot to realize that obviously Rosemary, along with many other girls probably had their eye on Javadd, but her having confronting me because of something I hadn't even gotten the courage to decide on myself really put me on the spot more than she would probably ever have known.

I didn't have feelings for Diego anymore, instead I was starting to develop feelings for Javadd, and I hated it because it just further on proved how right Bryson was. And yet, admitting it fully just seemed so final, so settled and that wasn't like me. I liked having options, it always had to be that way, even with Diego.

Although lately my principles had been changing (because of a particular human boy who's name I had been screaming in the previous night) and that was a problem.

"What, cat caught your tongue?" She added impatiently.

"You know, you really won't ever change. It's times like these were you actually have to speak up. Maybe that's why you got attacked by a bunch of guys, because you're so naive."

How did she find out?

Pineapples, pineapples pineapples.

"What's that supposed to mean, Rosemary?" I was facing her now, my fists were clenched, my heart thudded in my ears and my eyes felt hot.

"You know exactly what I mean. You making yourself so readily available to guys and then not being able to deal with the consequences." She had a smug smile plastered on her heavily powdered face. "Whore. I think that's the word." She pointed her index finger in the air, batting her eyelashes at me.

Pineapples, fucking pineapples. Fucking pineapples.

"Ha! Me? You're calling me a whore? I'm not the one who's on a different guys dick, like what, every other night?" I scoffed calmly, despite being far from it.

"Oh nah sweetie, I know I am one. Because I own up to the consequences," she moved closer to me now, a threatening glare shot into my eyes as she scrutinized both of them. "Because the difference between you and I is, I wouldn't change schools just because I wasn't able to deal with the consequences of begging for a boy's attention." And saying that, I would swear on my mother's grave that all I could see was red.

And that was before I would see my fist flying in the air to meet her perfect pointy nose with a satisfying crunch.

A mixture of anger and disbelief flashed across her face and then soon was replaced with a scowl as soon as she retrieved her index and middle fingers smeared with blood.

I started to notice people around us oooh–ing or silently snickering behind their tables.

And then I felt a hot slap across my cheek which immediately stung tears in my eyes almost pushing me aback.

If I was pretending to not be angry before, I was definitely not going to hide it now.

I lunged forward pushing her down. I threw a punch right in her face.

And then another.

And a third one.

A fourth.

I didn't know what was worse, the way her face looked or the fact that I didn't feel bad.

I just kept punching her.

"Jesus, Jasmine! You're gonna fucking kill her," a familiar voice chided from beside me, which immediately made me stop.

Luna.

Rosemary's face, in blotches of blood and a few bruises that would require one or two stitches, was in bad shape.

I did that?

"She's lost it, I swear," some girl said from behind me.

And then in realization, I decided to get off her, but in one swift movement, I was under her, and then she had gripped my throat with her nails restricting my breathing. I had been audibly gasping for air, struggling to get her hands off my neck when we both heard a voice yell;

"Hey! You two, stop it this instant!"

It was our biology teacher.

"But Jasmine...Jasmine started it–" she whined breathlessly, her eyes starting to tear up.

"I don't care. Principal's office, now!"

***
A/N

hey loves. how y'all doing??

so Rosemary and Jasmine fight huh? do you think Jasmine reacted properly to Rosemary or should she have just toned it down? what do you guys think of Rosemary's character? Leave your thoughts in the comment section!

comment, vote, share :)

pineapples and kisses
              -nicole <3