2: Sassy comebacks.

🦋________________

"...i caught your eye and looked away as if it never happened,"

-J Cole, 'deja vu'
________________🦋

"Why Pineapples?" Javadd stirred behind me.

I ignored him.

We were standing in the auditorium waiting for everyone else to leave so I could hear whatever reason Mr Standall called Javadd and I for.

Javadd stood next to me and I could feel his eyes scan my face as though I were a scientific phenomenon he was observing.

"What do you want?" I shot him an irritated glare.

"I'm getting the feeling that you may not fancy me very much, love," He pondered genuinely.

"Well no shit, Sherlock." I retorted. "You'd think I'd fancy you after you spilled my milkshake?"

I crossed my arms against my chest, just as Mr Standall, with a grin creeping up on his face, came up to us from his desk.

"Jasmine, I need you to give Javadd here a tour around the place. He's new, be nice," he chuckled, along with Javadd as though he had said a very funny joke.

That was the second time I'd heard that statement that day.

My eyebrows pinched together in disbelief. I already couldn't stand him for less than two minutes so how in the world was I supposed to give him a tour?

"Why me? I mean you could have picked anybody else to give him a tour," I reasoned.

"Call it a hunch, but I'm pretty sure you two will get along very well." He rested either arm on his mahogany table.

"Okay but I have a class now,"

"Yeah it's okay, I'll have a word with your teachers, I don't think you'll really miss much." Grinning playfully, he walked over to his desk, waving his hand, politely dismissing us.

"Okay fine." I sighed defeatedly while making my way out of the room with Javadd following me, still having not said a word.

As we walked the hallways, I could feel stares and silent whispers directed to us(well probably just him as I was certain that they belonged to hormone unbalanced teenage girls of Liberty High who were probably late for classes) almost making me roll my eyes continuously. They made him seem like he was such a big deal. Well besides his charming grey eyes, six–foot frame, and his strong build. Okay, maybe he was kind of a big deal. But not to me, though. I just understood why girls drooled over him.

Without stopping, I pointed at the upcoming wooden doors which were currently shut.

"That's the school's devotion Hall, where, you know people pray sometimes. Mornings mostly, during devotion time. Lord knows I could certainly use a miracle right about now," I muttered the last part, rolling my eyes once again.

"You know what, I think you do," he gave me a once over with an eyebrow raised, probably attempting to get a response from the insult he'd just given me.

"Whatever," I scoffed.

"That's exactly what someone without a comeback would say," his hands found his pockets, still looking forward. "Are you out of sassy comebacks, love?" He spoke smugly, his blank expression still focused on whatever was in front of us.

He was clearly trying to get under my skin but he would be in for a long run because I wouldn't let him get to me.

"Oh I've got plenty, love. I just prefer to not waste them on idiots." I mimicked, giving him a tight–lipped grin.

And as expected, he silently remained neutral faced as he just kept walking.

"Okay I'm definitely not gonna show you the whole school, I'm heading home. You probably should too... Or do you want me to show you where that is, too?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Haha," I heard a mirthless laugh from him which I ignored as I was already walking away.

I went over to my car before unlocking it with my keys and then went in to ignite it as I couldn't wait to get home.

I had gotten this car even before I had my driver's licence because my dad was a little extra sometimes.

I pressed in the code to our home, as I drove in. In front of it was a huge fountain with a statue of a naked winged Roman Greek–god pouring water out of his hand and beside it was a neatly trimmed grass hedge and flower plants on the front.

Parking my car, I walked straight to the kitchen where I was sure Cassandra would be.

"Hi Cassie," I said walking into the kitchen.

Cassandra was my guardian as my father was barely ever around. She was very attractive and had small frame with a slim body. She had dimples and ginger hair which was always up in a messy bun. Cassandra was always so caring and had my best interests at heart. She to me was like that cool aunt I never had, doing things like extending my curfew at times when I'd go out at night, even though my father had restricted it from wherever he was. I loved her.

"Jazzz,"
"What's up?" I grabbed a bottle of sparkling water from the refrigerator.
"Oh, nothing. I did finish one season of Jane the Virgin when you were gone, and oh my gosh...Raph is hotter than ever!" She exclaimed.

I just chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Oh, wow."

"Anyway what do you want for lunch?" She briefly wiped the the surface in front of her.

"We could order Pizza or some wings or whatever,"

"Yeah, but your dad strictly said you should cut back on junk food," she rested her elbows on the kitchen counter.

"So? The man doesn't even know how old I am right now. I'm surprised he even knows my name." I humorlessly laugh.

"Jasmine, I get that, but that's your father, he's doing everything he can for you,"

"Everything, but he's never been here for me. I can't even remember the last time we celebrated my birthday together, because he thinks he can just cover up for the fact he's a crappy excuse of a father by sending me expensive gifts every now and then?" I frowned, feeling a little guilty about being insensitive, as Cassandra had grown up in a less privileged family.

"Expensive gifts are not everything. I would easily give all this up just spend twenty four hours with him."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Just forget about it, let's order some pizza, okay?" she looked at me, genuine concern in her eyes.

"Yeah, okay I'mma go upstairs," I said preparing to walk up the sets of stairs that led to my room.

***
A/N

(Cassandra's aesthetic above)

it gets interesting, I promise!! the first chapters usually just explain everything going on in Jasmine's life soo have patience, loves(((((:

don't be a silent reader, comment, vote, share

Pineapples and kisses 🦋
-nicole<3