32:Poetic justice.

🦋____________________

"Call me friend, but keep me closer..."

billie eilish, 'when the party is over'

_____________________🦋

"Was there ever a point, even just deep down, where you felt bad?" I wondered out loud.

"When you see your own mother get killed right in front of you, it kinda really breaks you. I don't really think I've ever really felt anything ever since I saw my mom's brains spilt on the side of the road, excuse me for being graphic. And frankly, I wouldn't be here if I felt bad."

I wondered if I should have told him that I got rid of his pregnancy. Would that have changed anything?

Instead I asked,"So why are you here?" I shuddered.

Gosh, I hated the cold.

"I'm not done with my story just yet,"he started, "And well, I'm sure you know I did get my two hundred bucks,"

I rolled my eyes

"But you know, after a while I realised that you were starting to fall in love with me. That wasn't part of the plan," he frowned in regret.

"The night you told me you loved me, I got mad, so mad. How could you possibly love me? I had fucked you for two hundred dollars Jasmine. You were not supposed to fall in love with me. I wanted to hit you for being so stupid and naive. But instead, I kissed you. That was when I knew...when I knew I needed you to hate me. What happened in the skating rink, Jasmine...that was for your own good. How else were you possibly gonna fall out of love with me? I did it for you. You'll never understand. I did it out of love, Jasmine."

"You dragged me in the skating rink out of love, Travis? That's what you call love? You fucking raped me, for love? That's not love, Travis! Do you know that you got me pregnant? I got rid of, of course. But that wasn't love. You're sick, Travis. You're a sick, twisted asshole," I whispered the last part quietly, tears brimming at the edges of my eyes.

He just stared at me, indifference in the features of his face. He didn't care.

"You see, this is why we could never be, Jasmine. You don't think the way I do. In fact, nobody really thinks the way I do. But anyways, let me get on with the story, we still have a long way to go," he stretched his arms and stifled a yawn.

I let out a humourless chuckle. He didn't care.

"So naturally, after your dad— you know, the same dude who killed my mom—threw me in jail for six years, but you know, I got out after five because I was such a good boy, I got into a pretty dark place. You and your dad's whereabouts were unknown, so I was so convinced I had taken a huge L. All I thought was about how the fuck I was gonna make your dad pay if I didn't even know where he was,"

"But on the bright side, I got a job. A hitman kinda job. I knew a guy who knew a guy when I was in jail who gave me the link for the gig. I didn't even have a gun licence but you know, I needed the money. So I just got instruction from an anonymous contractor from the dark web to kill Robert O'Brien...yes you guessed it, Javadd's daddy!" He grinned at me, waiting for my reaction. I couldn't stop my hand from rushing to my mouth and my eyes from widening in horror.

Travis shot Javadd's dad?

"Trust me, it gets much more weirder from there." He raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"So I did it, I shot him right in the head. I knew that playing  Call of Duty would pay off some day. And when I was sure he was dead, I reached into my pocket and then dropped the Wilson and Co. Law Firm card right at the scene. And honestly, it felt like poetic justice. Jacob Wilson would finally pay for everything he had done."

"I would finally find out where Jacob Wilson was hiding, and I was getting paid for it. Leaving his business card at the scene of the crime meant whoever wanted to avenge Rob O'Brien's death would track him down with the details on the card, and so all I had to do was be the shoulder that Mrs. O'Brien could cry on."

"I found a way to get her to trust me. That was the easiest part of it all. Within that short time, she told me she considered me the second son she never had, even though well, you know, I'm the one who killed her husband,"

"She said to me, 'I need to know who killed my husband'. After I find out who killed him, I will track down the person they care about the most, and then kill them. And you know who your daddy cares about the most?"

"Me," I whispered.

"Yep. You. Bingo! You're really good at this, babe," He grinned.

"But...you see, it seems her son, who she sent to this town from the UK to track you down fell in love with you. Javadd? Does that name ring a bell?"

I couldn't hide the shock on my face.

And then it hit me. The day we were in Javadd's car. "And I happen to fancy you—even though I shouldn't..."

The way he had seemingly recognised me the first day he saw me.

He was supposed to track me down so his mother would kill me.

I try to hate Javadd in that moment because he had been lying to me all along, but I fail miserably. I should hate him.

"You see, love always gets in the way. If he hadn't fallen in love with you, this would have been over way back. But you know, as soon as I found out which school you went to, I went there and guess what I saw? You and Javadd in the parking lot of your school, a little too close for comfort, that was when I knew Javadd wasn't gonna go through with the instruction his mother gave him."

"So I put matters into my own hands. I found out what your schedule was and then, well, you know the rest." He raised the corner.

"You—you shot my best friend!" My eyes were hot with tears once again.

"Oh yeah, he was collateral. It happens sometimes," he stood up, and then poured some brown alcohol in a short glass.

"But one thing I can't figure out, though, is who the anonymous person who had me shoot Mr O'Brien was? Who wanted that sweet old man dead? It could be Collin, maybe that would make him successor of the business, but nah, Collin is too righteous to stoop that low," He scratched his chin, making me wonder too.

"So why are you telling me all this? You're the reason why Mr O'Brien is dead, and I'm about to get killed for it, and yet I could just tell Mrs O'Brien the truth. And then she would just kill you instead," I challenged.

"Oh, no. You won't be doing that baby. Because as soon as you open up your pretty mouth about any of this, I will just—" he moved his thumb across his neck in a slitting motion,"—slice Javadd's neck open. So you know, watch your mouth,"

***

A/N

Vote/comment/ Share :)

Kisses and pineapples
–nicole<3