36: I'd be damned.

The air tickled my face as Javadd's motorcycle went probably a hundred and twenty kilometres an hour while I held on tight to his waist. His jacket didn't really fit me perfectly, as it was two times bigger than me, but it was warm, so I didn't really care.

Javadd had offered to take me home, because he knew that was where I wanted to be more than anywhere.

"Before I drop you off at your house, do you mind if we stop somewhere?" He spoke over his shoulder.

"Ummm…yeah. Sure, I guess." I leaned on his back.

We took a turn towards a building with multiple stories and then he stopped right in from of it. We got off, and then he parked near the building.

And when I realised where we were I turned to Javadd "Why are we at a hospital?" I put the helmet back.

"Come on, visiting hours might end soon," he took me by the hand and led me into the doorway, giving away no information about who we were going to see.

We walked through a couple of doors after the reception area and then stood in front of a door.

"Wait here." He stopped me with his hands on my shoulders.

And when he walked in to the room and shut the door in front of me, I grew more and more curious about who was in the other side of the door. It was probably a family member of his he'd come to visit. Before I entertained any other suspicious, he came out with a huge grin on his face.

Maybe he finally wanted me to meet his little sister, judging by the grin on his face. But what could she be possibly doing in a hospital?

"Someone wants to see you in there—" he pointed the direction of the door, "—something about a Musify account?" I gasped.

It couldn't be.

I rushed into the room where I saw him lying in a hospital bed, the covers all the way to his chest.

I could recognize that tooth gapped smile anywhere.

"Bryson fucking Douglas. I'd be damned," I jumped on him, a watery laugh bubbled from my throat.

"Ouch! The wound is still very real, Jasmine." Something between a groan and a laugh came from his mouth.

I let go of him, and then examined him. He had atleast four IV drips going in and out his arms and his stomach, his face plastered with a pale smile. A hand on his stomach where the bullet had been shot.

Bryson was still alive.

"I—I thought you…I thought you died," I covered my lips which quivered, And I thought I would start crying again, if it wasn't for the huge grin on my face.

"You threatened to kill me if I died, remember? Now how the fuck was I gonna die?" He chuckled, although it sound pained.

I laughed. "Yes exactly. Good choice,"

"But your boyfriend over there really did most of this. He made sure that I got here alive, so yeah, props to him," he explained. "But I still don't get why he apologized for the fact that I was shot. Did he have anything to do with this?"

"Ha. That's a story for another day Bubba." I said, "But yeah, he's pretty awesome, isn't he?" I smiled to myself and then wiped a tear.

"See, I had a good feeling about him from the first day, and I can't believe you really bet you could use him to get Diego back even—" Bryson stopped in his tracks, and his gaze traveled to the door. When I looked there, the door had already been shut.

"Fuck! He heard me. Javadd heard me bruh," Bryson cringed visibly.

Oh, Pineapples.

***
A/N

hey loves💙

semi final chapter!!!! can't believe I reached this far.
Do you think Javadd really overheard what Bryson said? will javasmin survive? yep that's right, I made a ship name heheh.

No? Okay.😬

Vote for this chapter because I did not procrastinate finishing this book :)

anddd comment, too please.

kisses and pineapples
            –nicole <3