15: But it is romantic, ain't it?

(flashback)
tw: violence
-_-_-_-_-_

"I've got a surprise for you Jasmine," Travis's large hand barely covered both my eyes. " You're gonna love it, trust me."

"What is it?" My thirteen year old self felt anticipation coursing through my veins.

"You'll find out soon enough," he said in an eerily husky voice, besides the fact that he would be turning eighteen in a few months so obviously his deep voice had kicked in already (unlike the boys in my freshman class). I started to feel a little anxious but I shoved back any doubts that I had about him at the back of my mind.

"Dear diary, I Jasmine may be falling for Travis Parker..." An oddly familiar voice narrated as a few other voices stifled laughs all around. Including Travis himself, who still covered my eyes from behind me.

I defensively yanked his hand off my eyes as it dawned upon me that we were in an empty skating rink, 'The Ice Majest' surrounded by a few of who I recognized as Travis's friends and as my gaze travelled, behind me was Travis, a malicious grin plastered on his face, mirroring the rest of his friends.

One of them, Brian, had in his hand a familiar lilac book with flowers and glitters: my diary. I was sure pure confusion was etched on my face as Brian seemingly scanned my face with an amused grin and took my expression as a sign to continue reading out the contents of my diary.

"It would be totes romantic if he took me to that new ice skating rink and held my hand while we skated together..." Brian said in a ridiculously high pitched voice as everyone else burst into laughter as though the funniest joke in the world had been told.

Besides the obvious humiliation I felt, hurt and confusion also made its way into my conscience, betraying the composure I tried displaying on to my face. Travis, my apparent boyfriend, who I had sadly fallen head over heels in love with, joined in on the laughter.

I guess it was actually funny that I thought one of the hottest seniors at Saint Johns High school would be mutually in love with me after a mere month of dating and having taken my innocence on a particular Saturday night.
I should have known that he wasn't in love with me when I had confessed my love for him and then he'd placed his lips on mine instead of saying it back.

The anger I felt quickly extinguished the many questions I had as I'd gone past denial that this was real life and not a terrible nightmare, and yet I still hadn't the slightest idea how either of them had gotten their hands on my diary. I decided to fully face Travis, not knowing what to say.

"Romantic? You rich people disgust me."

"Wait what do you mean rich people? What's this supposed to be about, baby?" I spoke in a low tone.

"You really think I want to be with you?" I felt my heart drop, he'd confirmed my thoughts.

The tear that dropped from my left eye was like a domino, signalling the rest of the tears to fall continuously. I shivered, besides the low temperature in the rink.

It was as though the Travis in front of me was different- not the boy I had fallen in love with before. He didn't have that boyish toothy grin he always seemed to face, instead he had a disturbing smirk on his face, as though him and his friends knew a joke that I didn't. Maybe he had misunderstood some kind of situation. This was not the Travis I knew.

"Travis, we can talk about this, I'm sure you just misunderstood whatever it is you think..." I voiced my thoughts before I could stop myself as a fresh wave of tears came that immediately wiped.

"Oh no trust me, darling, I haven't misunderstood anything. You rich people think you deserve everything. Newsflash, you don't deserve anything, Jasmine." He spat coldly as he paced closer and closer to me.

"Travis... this isn't like you," I couldn't help but give him some kind of benefit of doubt.

A strong sense of loyalty prevented me from even attempting to defend myself; in the classification of so-called rich people.

"Oh but baby, this is the real me. You were just a little bet I made with my friends. And 'guess I got to fuck the rich kid,"

His hand found its way to a stray strand of hair on my face, pushing it behind my ear.

"I was a--a bet?" I stammered.

My heart dropped to my stomach.

He glared at me and my own eyes boring into his, searched for some kind of emotion hidden in the depths of the light brown-almost yellow speckles of his eyes but as I had predicted, there was nothing. Hollow.

Emotionless.

Cold.

"Take my hand, Jasmine." He stuck out his hand, an unfamiliar warm smile plastered on his face, pleading, making me feel as though I owed it to him at that moment to place my hand in his.

Maybe this was actually just a prank, maybe he really didn't mean any of what he'd just said.

Trusting him like I had many times before, I put my hand in his. I searched his face, trying to understand what it was that was going through in his mind and, like an alter ego, the evil grin was back again on his lips. He squeezed my hand forcefully, earning a wince from me.

"You're hurting me, Travis," I whimpered, as I hiccuped a sob.

"But this is romantic, isn't it?" He cackled revealing a certain dragon tattoo on the nape of his neck which I'd adored once, only now its eyes seemed to stare back at me, mockingly.

As I tried to break free of his hold on my wrist, he pulled onto it harshly, dragging me with as he slid to the centre of rink and with one swift movement, his right leg hooked two off my own, causing me to fall on to the icy ground with a loud thud.

His grip, like two cuffs made of steel, tightened against both of my wrists as he dragged my body across the skating rink, as I could feel bruises forming with each turn he made.

"Travis you--you're hurting me--just let me go, please!" I screamed, the echo of my voice bouncing across the walls of the rink.

"No come on, this is romantic!" He yelled down at me, a manic smile on his face.

"Ple-please!" I stammered, desperately trying to free myself from but regardless of the adrenaline fueled anger, he still had power over me, dragging me.

I would've sworn I noticed some kind of worry etched on some of the boys' faces as Travis dragged me around the skating rink like a mere child with a doll.

At some point I'd gotten tired of yelling; the unnatural frequency of my screaming threatened to leave bruises in my throat if possible.

My energy was waning and the temptation to give into unconsciousness grew stronger as it seemed fair for only my body to go through this whole ordeal and not something I knew would stay as a bad memory.

I was helpless and seemed my only defense were the tears that didn't stop running down my face, the face that seemingly mopped the floors of the rink and as time passed I knew by the time he'd stop torturing me, I would be nearly unrecognizable.

-_-_-_-_-

***
A/N

heyy loves.

sorry for late updates, the wifi's really slow:(

so even though it was a little hard to write this chapter, I really enjoyed writing it. what do you think about Travis? well remember him because this isn't the last time you'll read about him😏

vote, comment, share :)

pineapples and kisses
-nicole<3