25: Not what it looks like.

🦋_________________

"in this world, it's just us,"

            –Harry styles, 'as it was'
____________________🦋

I took in the oddly familiar scent of markers and that kind of perfume that would stay in the bridge of your nose and give you a headache all day long as I waited in the reception area with Rosemary sitting three chairs away from me for 'protection purposes'. I could literally hear her scowl.

I wasn't that dangerous.

They had just been exaggerating the situation.

Sure, I had broken her nose and busted her lip but it wasn't all that bad.

Footsteps from the direction of the door made me look up to meet eyes with a very familiar six foot tall human male.

"Hey...Bryson." a gave him a small smile. However, his face remained neutral.

Maybe he would finally apologize.

He took his time before responding as he glanced over at Rosemary and then at me again.

"Hey, Jasmine."

Jasmine. Not 'Jaz'. As though we were just strangers, I thought to myself.

"So the guidance counselor told me to come and 'calm you down' or some shit like that,"

"Oh," I pursed my lips, a little disappointed.

He slowly lowered himself on the seat next to me and I could feel him stare at me from the corner of my eye and I sensed he would say something sooner or later.

"Did you really hit her?"

"I'm guessing Luna told you. But I swear, it's not what it looks like..."I started.

Rosemary interrupted, "This bitch just hit me out of nowhere, she's CRAZY!"

"I didn't just hit you out of nowhere and you know that. You were the one–"

"But you did hit her didn't you?" Bryson cut me midsentence making me frown.

I turned to look at him.

"Whose side are you on, Bryson? Because I feel like you're just attacking me," I crossed my arms.

"Who's side am I–? Jasmine do you hear yourself?" He gave me an incredulous look.

"Yes I do and I wish you could, too. You've been giving me this bullshit about leaving at the party without even listening to what my side of the story is, and yet here you are again not listening to what I have to say about whatever the fuck you heard about what just happened." I shot back.

"Oh wow, look at you making yourself the victim, once again. You're tripping,"

"I'm tripping? Fuck you!" I spat.

"Jasmine, can we just calm down?" The principal peeked from the door of his office. "Rosemary, Jasmine. You may step in my office." She spoke sternly.

Before standing up to get into the office, I heard Bryson mutter, "I don't even recognize you anymore, Jasmine." As he made his way out of the reception.

"Your dad doesn't have to know about your week long suspension if you atleast talk to me about it," Cassandra looked at me through the rear view mirror and then the focus of her gaze went back on the road of our driveway.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Tell him. Maybe for once he'll show up." I looked out the window.

"Jasmine, come on."

"Can we not do this right now?" I sighed.

"Okay. I'll be there for you when you need to talk," she said softly.

I took out my headphones and then started listening to Clairo's 'Amoeba' on full volume.

This was gonna be one hell of a week.

***

heyy lovess🖤

short chapter, I know. but yeah it felt right to not add more to the chapter.

so do y'all think Jasmine and Bryson's argument is dragging on too far? what do you guys think about Jasmine and how she's acting?

and again, as always, thank you for reading. Don't be a silent reader. Comment, vote, share :)

pineapples and kisses
          -nicole <3