29: If you die, I'll kill you.

___________________🦋

"I was doing fine without you, till I saw your face...now I can't erase,"

-Tame Impala, 'the less I know, the better'
🦋_________________

I called 911.

"...to keep pressure on the bullet wound...shouldn't be long until paramedics arrive..." that was all I remembered from the phone call.

I think that was what shock did to you. Everything felt unreal. It felt like it was all a pigment of my imagination.

The tears on my face starting to tighten on my face due to the wind that howled softly.

Across the road, I could've sworn I had seen the bushes moving a little too suspiciously and I immediately assumed it must have been the person who pulled the trigger.

"Bryson," I sniffled "He's behind the bush...The-the guy...we have to get inside," I stammer.

He doesn't respond verbally, instead he groans, his hand is over my shoulder, like at the party, only this time around, he isn't drunk.

As soon as we got inside, I slammed the door closed and I let Bryson lie on the floor.

"Is anyone home?" He shakes his head 'no'. I haven't the slightest idea on how to do first aid.

Taking my head scarf off, I immediately press it against the bare skin under his hoodie-where his blood oozes a concerning amount, earning a groan from him.

"Jasmine..." He tries to sit up but I don't let him.
"Bryson, you need to just chill the fuck out, okay." I plead, not knowing if it's him or me who i'm telling this.

A fresh wave of tears forms in my eyes again. "We need to keep the wound pressed so you don't lose more blood,"

"Whoever shot me...they were trying to get you-they were trying to shoot...shoot you," He stammers. His eyes are low-lidded now.

"Who could be trying to shoot me?" I ask rhetorically.

"Listen Jasmine, I'm- I'm sorry. I was being so terrible to you..." he has a sad smile on his face and he seems to be using a lot of effort to talk.

"Don't apologise, bubba. You did nothing wrong. You make it sound like you're dying, and you're not dying. Because I swear to God if you die I will kill you," a laugh of mine comes disguised as a sob.

"No, there's no way-" he coughs, droplets of blood spewing out of his mouth, staining his chain. "...I can die with--without logging you back into our Musify account," he let out a strained laugh.

"Oh, Bryson." I tried to hold back tears as I squeeze his hand. "Please keep your eyes open for me,"

When will the damn ambulance get here?

"Jasmine, I'm so, so sleepy," he sighed. "Can I just...let me just rest my eyes for a little while," his eyes dropping, as his consciousness was slowly slipping away.

"No. Bryson, you don't get to sleep now. You have to stay awake. The ambulance will be here soon," I say as I softly tap his face.

At the same time Bryson takes a deep sigh, his eyes close too. He stays rigid, his chest doesn't move.

No. No.

"Bryson, please. C'mon. Wake up!" My voice comes out shaky. He doesn't respond.

"Bryson, please!" I shake his lifeless body.

This can't be happening.

I tilt my head to his nose helplessly. He's not breathing.

I hear a car pull up into the driveway, the same time I hear sirens ringing distantly.

What help could they possibly be? I think to myself. Bryson isn't breathing anymore.

But I can't give up. For Bryson. I have to keep trying until the first responders show up in here and get him to the hospital. Maybe he'll start breathing again, and this will all be over.

The door opens and I wished that would calm me down, reassure me. But it doesn't. Bryson is not breathing.

I sit there helplessly. Maybe the qualified people will tell me that he'll be okay.

But no.

I don't even have to turn around before I feel a cloth over my mouth, a smell that causes a skull splitting smell invades my nose, no matter how much I try not to breathe it in.

I fight to keep my consciousness as hard as I fight the person behind me, but it's a war a stand no chance at winning.

I lose at both.

Darkness takes over.

***
A/N

short chapter, I know.
okay I've given up on writing authors notes bc I know I'm just talking to myself lmao.

please please don't be a silent reader, comment, vote and share :)

kisses and pineapples
-nicole <3