8. Revealed

Yoongi nearly dropped his jaw "Wait, are you lying to me right now or—"

"He's one hundred perfect serious" Hoseok casually confirmed "They've been fiancés for one year now actually"

"W-What? That's....unexpected" Yoongi looked down at his spoon processing what he learned

"I'm surprised Taehyung hasn't told you yet. But the again it's not something he or Jungkook likes to talk about" Jimin explained "It was announced publicly a year ago so everyone knows about it. But they're too afraid of Jungkook if they were ever caught talking about it"

Yoongi had a lot of questions and Hoseok can tell he did "Let us explain it to you. I'm sure there's a lot Kim Taehyung never talked to you about. That boy is always more concerned about other people instead of himself sometimes" Hoseok said shaking his head

"Yeah with that attitude, I always said he born to be a humanitarian " Jimin grumbled "But long story short, Kim Taehyung is also part of a well known super rich and highly respected family just like Jungkook. He doesn't brag about it, but his parents and Jungkook's parents are actually long time family friends"

"Wow, i'm genuinely shocked. He doesn't act like some entitled brat unlike Jeon Jungkook" Yoongj commented "He even insulted him for having money"

"Yeah I know right! That's what we all like about Taehyung. He was raised from a really nice upbringing. His parents raised him to overall respect others and also care for things that aren't materialistic. Taehyung just wants to be normal. He's not very flashy about his family's success" Hoseok explained

"Mhmm" Jimin agreed "He also hates when people treat him differently because of his wealth status. Which is the complete opposite of Jungkook. He doesn't want people kissing his ass because of his parents money. He'd always tell us that. That's why he tries so hard to prove that he's more than money, he's a good person with a good heart. Which is honestly so admirable!"

Yoongi instantly had an realization. He did often question why Taehyung was always overall friendly. In a way it was like a distraction so that people don't see him for his social and wealth status. Yoongi was a perfect target to being Taehyung's friend being that he came from overseas and he knows nothing about Taehyung.

The poor boy probably wanted to show Yoongi a good first impression of him before finding out his true origins, being from some rich family. And honestly if Yoongi knew that Taehyung was some rich kid, he probably would assume that he was also some selfish spoiled rich brat that was just like Jeon Jungkook.

Yoongi knows that it's never good to judge a book by it's cover. But, he's had previous bad experiences with those that came from a higher social status that did tend to act entitled. But one thing that Yoongi was right about was that he did find it strange that Taehyung was working too hard to be a people pleaser.

"Yeah... Taehyung really truly is such a beautiful person inside and out. I sometimes feel bad that he feels he could never be comfortable. But thankfully other students here don't seem to bother him about it. Jungkook is the one that takes up that kind of attention either way." Hoseok further explained

"Damn, it must be terrible having a fiancé you hate" Yoongi said

"I wouldn't say they hate each other exactly" Jimin said biting his lips

"Wait what do you mean?" Hoseok now asked

"You don't know this but Taehyung and Jungkook used to have a history with each other. I don't know if it was romantic or friendly. But, Taehyung has admitted to me one time that he does care of Jungkook and that they're not enemies" Jimin pressed further

Hoseok looked at him wide eyed "Wait seriously? Not even I knew that."

"Yeah well that's what happens when you go to same middle school with them" Jimin crinkled his nose thinking about something

"So you mean to tell me that they just secretly tolerate each other?" Yoongi asked

"Yup! And also going back to when we were saying how kind hearted Taehyung is. He cares for everyone, even people like Jungkook. I'm sure he knows a lot more secrets about Jungkook than any of us do. Also, because Taehyung is such a good obedient son, he doesn't really fight the fact that he and Jungkook are engaged. It's almost as if he's just accepted it" Jimin said playing with his food now

"So what? He feels a sense of responsibility over Jungkook because their fiancés?" I thought he didn't want to make it obvious. His actions speaker louder than his words" Yoongi said then hums in curiosity

"Well yeah that's basically it essentially" Hoseok confirmed "Like Jimin said, they have some sort of past with each other. Also Tae is just getting involved with his fiancés business since they're almost family with each other."

Yoongi looked down at his own food not feeling hungry anymore. At first he thought the two were just enemies that didn't get along because they're total opposites and Jungkook's a known asshole. But it was more to it than that. Yoongi didn't want to be involved in anything that was bigger than his understanding.

Getting involved with those who had lots of wealth and power was scary thing. Especially since the both of them were deeply connected with each other. It left him feeling uneasy inside. But he had a feeling that it was too late at this point. Taehyung made it clear that he wasn't leaving Yoongi's side no matter what. And then he already had beef with Jungkook. There was no way Yoongi saw himself getting out of this one.

"Oh Taehyung's back!" Hoseok said

Yoongi looked over at the cafeteria entrance and sighed. He saw Taehyung looking tense and Jungkook was again behind him with an unreadable expression. Even though Yoongi didn't want to be involved. He couldn't help but want to know more. There were a lot of things unanswered that circled in mind matter what.

Taehyung came over and sat next to Yoongi "What're you guys talking about? You seem so tense"

"Pffft speak for yourself buddy" Hoseok joked "But it's nothing crazy, we just talked about the upcoming history test"

Jimin then discreetly winked at Yoongi. Putting his pointer finger up to his lips indicating to not mention anything.