3. the first party

In the week leading up to your first party you collaborate with your customers and vendors to create the best event possible. But even with your hectic work schedule, you always make an effort to watch Freddy and the gang perform. Seeing how much fun everyone has watching them perform reminds you why you love what you do. It also makes your daily routine a little brighter.

But today doesn't align with your usual routine, because today is the first birthday party. And despite planning countless events you can't shake your nerves. So in a stressed state you find yourself outside of Freddy's dressing room in the entrance of the plex. You're not quite sure why you decided to come here when you could be working on last minute preparations. You're about to leave when the door opens.

"Good morning y/n!" Freddy greets you, cheerful as ever. Then he steps aside so you can enter his room. The door slides shut behind you and you take a seat on an oversized beanbag. Freddy sits down next to you then speaks again, "you don't seem as confident as usual, is something bothering you?"

You take a minute to gather your thoughts and answer, "I've planned bigger events than this but I'm still nervous. This is my first party here, it's my first chance to prove myself!"

"You are incredibly talented, after all the hard work you have put in to this event I do not see how it could fail," Freddy tells you. His voice is strong but comforting, it has an almost grounding effect.

"Thanks Freddy," you manage a smile but he can tell it's still forced.

"It's ok to be afraid, would talking more about it help?" Freddy asks and scoots a bit closer to you. You nod to confirm, yes that would be nice, "what is most concerning to you right now?"

"I guess I'm most afraid of messing up and disappointing the guests, my boss, but most of all you," you admidt and hang your head sadly. Even the best plans can go awry and you can never prepare perfectly for every scenario. Freddy doesn't respond just yet and let's you get everything off your chest, "I just want to belong here,"

Suddenly, you're pulled into a hug as Freddy wraps his arms around you and holds you close. Your eyes widen in shock but you quickly relax and hug him back. Your head rests comfortably on his chest but you can still hear him clearly when he speaks, "You already belong here. Just by showing up and giving it your all you've done more than enough to make me very proud of you "

A wave of happiness comes over you and washes away many of your worries. Of course there are still things to be stressed about, but you know you're not in it alone. You've got the tools to succeed and now you've regained the confidence to use them. You hold onto Freddy a little longer and enjoy the comfort of being in his arms, "thank you, I really needed to hear that and it means so much coming from you,"

"I'm always happy to help," Freddy says, managing to sound so human even with a robotic voice. "You are very special to all of us here, I want to make sure you know that,"

"I really can't thank you enough, you're the best Freddy," you smile as you reluctantly separate from the hug. As much as you'd like to stay in that moment you've got a whole party and day ahead.

Freddy stands up and helps pull you to your feet as well, "are you feeling ready now?"

"I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be!" You flash a thumbs up with newly replenished enthusiasm. You take a step toward the door but Freddy grabs your hand and you spin around.

"One last thing," he says and leans down to adjust your suit jacket collar that has flipped up. He stands back up and smooths down the front of your jacket a couple times then nods, "now you are ready,"

You jump up to give him another quick hug, "thanks Freddy, I'll see you later today at the party!" You wave goodbye to him.

"You've got this superstar!" Freddy tells you as the door slides shut.