10. the night is young

It's hard to tell what happens first, hitting the floor painfully, or hearing Sundrops terrified scream. The sound echoes through the daycare and you look up to see Sundrop running over to Gregory. You pick yourself up and follow close behind, heart pounding in your ears as fear overtakes you. Gregory holds the security badge but it's not the triumphant moment you were hoping for as Sundrop shouts at him. You don't know why the power went out, but you do know what follows can't be good.

"I warned you! I warned you!" Sundrop screeches and falls over just as you reach Gregory. You don't want to wait for him to get up, but without power you can't get the door open to leave.

Gregory slowly steps backward and you put yourself between him and the passed out Sundrop, "We need to get the power back on before-"

Your warning is cut off by the sound of mechanical limbs coming to life. Your heart drops and you're frozen in fear as a new animatronic takes Sundrops place. First his fingers claw over the endge of the desk then the infamous Moondrop rises up, bearing a sinister grin, "naughty boy, it's past your bedtime!" His voice sounds so different from Sundrops it's hard to belive it's even from the same voice box.

Moondrop jumps up onto the counter and looks poised to attack. You try to come up with a plan when Freddy's voice comes through Gregory's watch, "I do not know what you did but the lights are off now. Find the backup generators in the play structure to restore power!" He tells you urgently.

"Get to the playground!" You shout and swipe your hand across the security desk, spilling pens and paper between you and Moondrop.

"What a mess! Clean up, clean up!" Moondrop shouts angrily and begins to tidy the desk as you and Gregory make a quick getaway.

"I'll get one half you get the other!" Gregory decides and you nod to agree to the plan.

You each head into a separate play structure to begin the search. Why the builders would put backup generators in a play structure is beyond you, it honestly seems like a safety violation. But there are bigger threats to your safety right now in the form of a very angry moon animatronic. At least he can't get in the structure. It's a tight pinch for you but you can get most places as you follow a black wire to a generator. Right before you click it you hear another flip on across the room. You flips yours on and that's two down.

You keep moving, looking for the next generator. You can see Moondrop wandering the room, keeping an eye on you both, waiting for you to get close enough to grab. You shudder as you make eye contact with his glowing red eyes. You tear your gaze away as you locate the second generator and flip it on. A few seconds later you hear another turn on. You've got to be getting close to turning the lights back on now, right? But as you keep looking you're unable to find another generator.

Gregory appears to have the same problem as a text appears on your fazwatch, "I'm going out," you take a nervous breath and head for the nearest exit. You're not going to make him do this alone.

You reach the end of a tunnel and see Gregory knock over a pile of toys to distract Moondrop. You dash out too, pushing anything and everything you can over. Moondrop screeches in frustration as he tries to tidy up all the messes at once. You'd feel bad for antagonizing him if he weren't trying to attack attack you. You glance back to see Moondrop running toward Gregory. He's rushing for another section of a structure but it's hard to tell if he'll make it.

You take a deep breath then shout, "Moondrop, leave the kid alone! If you want someone come after me!" You grab a handful of toy blocks and throw them to make a loud noise and one hits the back of his head.

Moondrop snaps arround with an angry sneer, "it's past your bedtime," he says then launches forward to run at you.

"Oh shit!" You turn around and sprint blindly. You may have accomplished your goal a bit too well because Moondrop is hellbent on getting you now.