23. welcome home

Gregory is the first to dash forward, waving his arms enthusiastically. Freddy sets you down so you can give Gregory a hug when he arrives. He holds onto you tight, but not so much that it hurts. He doesn't want to let go even when Roxy and Chica join the group, "you look half dead! What happened?" He asks and Monty laughs at the blunt statement.

"Hey! Half dead is half alive and I said I'd come back right?" You respond, feigning offence. Gregory laughs, finally letting go of you. He looks a bit bruised but other than that uninjured. Then you look up to see Vanessa standing behind Roxy and Chica. You stand up but keep one hand on Gregory's shoulder, "I'm guessing you have an interesting story to share with us,"

"Yes, but I should probably start with an apology," she says, stepping forward, "I wasn't myself,"

"It's alright, you weren't the only one," Monty accepts the apology without hesitation and Vanessa looks surprised.

"Aren't you mad at me?" She asks.

"You can't help being controlled, but now you can make things better!" You tell her with a smile. There's no point in holding grudges here.

"Speaking of apologies-" a familiar voice says and you turn around to see Sundrop. He gives a little wave as he walks over, "someone wants to talk to you,"

Sundrop closes his eyes as the lights dim and Moondrop comes out. Gregory grabs your arm and pulls you back, "it'll be ok," you whisper to him.

"I know we've met before, but I'd like to reintroduce myself," Moondrop says. He extends a long arm and you shake his hand, "I'm sorry about before. I don't remember much, but based on what Sun told me, it wasn't good,"

"I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'm looking forward to getting to know the real you," you tell him and Moondrop smiles, it's the first happy smile you've seen from him.

"I like the outfit Sundrop made for you, I'm sure he could fix it up later," he offers, pointing to the many scuffs and rips from your fight. Then he pulls out a blanket covered in stars, "in the meantime you look like you could use some rest,"

"As much as I'd love a nap we still have work to do," you say through a yawn and Moondrop has to hold himself back from collecting every pillow in the facility for you and Gregory.

"We got rid of Vanny and you guys took care of whatever was in the basement, what else is there to do?" Roxy asks, tilting her head to the side.

"We have to clean up," you inform them, setting off a chorus of groans from everyone but Freddy, Vanessa, and Moondrop, "if we want to keep our jobs management can't know about this!"

"That's true!" Chica shrugs and Monty begrudgingly agrees.

"I'll take care of security footage," Vanessa offers, pulling out her security badge, "I'll get the staff bots to clean too,"

"Sundrop and I took care of the daycare so that's one area down," Moondrop tells you and you check it off your mental list.

"I'll get rid of the wrecked kart at the raceway, I'm not sure they'd notice it with all the other junk though," Roxy volunteers and heads off to the race track.

"I can clean the kitchen!" Chica raises her hand happily, "and I promise to stay focused!"

"I'll go with you. And Moondrop, you can do whatever you want," Monty shoots some finger guns at the daycare attendant.

Everyone heads off in different directions leaving you, Freddy, and Gregory alone. A dozen staff bots whizz past you in a cleaning frenzy making you chuckle. It's nice to see things back to normal. Then, without warning you're scooped up by Freddy again. You look around to see Gregory is out of sight. You're about to panic when a voice comes from inside Freddy's chest, "let's go!" It's Gregory of course.