5. tension rising

Freddy was right when he told you the tunnels could be intimidating. They're nothing like the above ground facility, dark, cold, and silent, save for the sound of two pairs of feet walking. Freddy leads the way under the plex, helping you carry multiple crates of decorations for the upcoming party. When you first came down you were talking, but you fell silent as you began to descend and traverse the tunnels. You tell yourself not to be so nervous, it's natural for the tunnels to look like this. And besides, Freddy is with you, you'll be fine.

"Have you talked with Roxy recently? I'm sure she's excited about the party tomorrow," you decide to break the heavy silence hanging in the air.

"I have!" Freddy confirms, sounding happy to have a conversation going again, "she has been in higher spirits. I hope the same will be true after the party,"

"That's good. I worry about you all, you know that?" You tell him and he looks over at you, a bit confused as to why you would be worried. You explain, "you all work very hard, I don't want it to cause you too much stress,"

Freddy shifts the packages he's carrying to one arm so he can reach out and pat your shoulder with his now free hand, "I appreciate your concern but we were designed to be performers and work hard, it should not cause us stress," he assures you but he can't seem to look you in the eye. He doesn't know if he believes himself or if he just wants to.

"Ok, I trust you. But if something is upsetting you or you need help, don't hesitate to ask," you tell him as you climb up the stairs to the above ground area of the pizza plex.

"Thank you y/n," Freddy says, then holds the door open for you. The sound of music and games fills the air as well as the smell of pizza and other snacks. You feel like a kid in winter who just stepped out of a dark home into a bright snowy day. That is to say, you feel blinded by how bright this new space is. "Welcome to the daycare! I understand you haven't worked in this area yet,"

"That would be correct. I only looked at pictures and floor plans to make my party setup," you answer. You didn't want to spend too much time in the area before the event and risk disrupting daycare. You figured you knew enough to plan the event without being in the room the whole time.

"Well, I will be happy to assist you in setup and navigation," Freddy says as he puts the stack of decorations down on a table, "one more thing. There is another-"

Before Freddy can finish, a tall, sun faced animatronic runs over to you both, "what is this mess!?" He asks loudly while pointing at the pile of decorations.

"Those are for the party," you tell him then extend a hand, "I'm the event planner, it's nice to meet you,"

Sundrop skips the handshake and goes straight for a big hug, "you should have said so sooner! I love parties and party games, and crafts!" He cheers, tossing you into the air. You lock eyes with Freddy and he gives an apologetic look.

Once you're safely back on the ground you speak again, "I'm so glad you're excited for the party, could you help me put out these decorations I've made?" You don't have to ask twice, Sundrop is already putting down centerpieces and setting up craft stations.

"Wow, he's really something," you chuckle, looking over at Freddy who joins your quiet laughter while rolling his eyes.

"Let's get to work before he does everything without us," Freddy suggests, picking up a box of Roxy and Chica themed party favors. Together you work on stacking them into an impressive pyramid. Unfortunately, the pile grows taller than you expected and soon you can't reach the top. Freddy notices this and quickly proposes a solution, "I could hold you on my shoulders,"

It might be safer to get a ladder, but this option is far quicker, "alright, let's give it a go!" You say and Freddy helps you up onto his shoulders. The view from up so high is impressive, but you don't take long to look and swiftly get to work on finishing the pyramid.