Heading home

After what happened in the throne room where the King and Gaster learned that I know how to use sign language things got awkward. While Gaster and the king where spouting out theories and disproving them just as quickly I felt somebody looking at me.  I turned towards my brother and walked over.  I kneeled down and pointed to the door and put a finger to my teeth. He looked concerned before he spoke in a quietish voice answered "But what if we get caught, Dad would be mad?" I shook my head and lightly tugged on his wrist trying to pull him along.  When he didn't I let go and went to check it out.  I walked over leaving the throne room and looked to my left where I heard some shuffling.  I saw to kids about my age they looked rather surprised that I saw them.  I how ever waved hello to them.  I approached and the farther away one spoke first, he was a young boss monster like the king.  He was a little taller than me. "Who are you? I've never seen you before.  Are you new?!?" He looked really excited when he asked if I was new.  I could practically see the stars in his eyes.  I quickly signed my answer unfortunately I don't know if there is a sign for my name so I had to spell it. *My name is S-A-N-S, I'm new here! What's your name?" The goat boy looked confused before he spoke "That looks kind of like that thing Dr. Gaster does sometimes when he speaks!" The other child who was dressed practically the same and was human than answered the goat boy before I could "That's sign language Asrial, he said his name is Sans and he asked what your name is."  The goat boy now known as Asrial than made what sounded like a cry of surprise before he spoke "I'm so sorry Sans! My name's Asrial!" I laughed at his antics as he stopped just before the human asked a question "Hey ummm... Sans, not to sound insensitive or anything but why do you speak in sign language? Are you mute or something?" I immediately started signing *No offense taken, but when you ask someone something like that you have to put it more gently, anyways I'm not Mute I'm really just very quiet.  I can speak if I want to I just prefer not to.*. Asrial looked to the human so they could translate "Sans said that he's not actually mute he's just really quiet by nature.  Anyways names Chara." I nodded my head as my brother approached fallowed by the king and Gaster.  Gaster ran over and hugged me before he spoke "Thank goodness your here! When King Asgore and I noticed that you were gone I panicked.  Your a marical, Sans." The king laughed at this and spoke "Looks like you now know how Torial and I felt when Chara and Asrial went exploring the first time.  I started wiggling around trying to escape his grasp. Gaster let go before he spoke again "I see that you have met the royal children, don't worry you'll meet them again. Anyways we'll have to get going now, Sans.  We still have a lot to do today, plus your probably starving." I nodded my head and fallowed Gaster.  My brother did the same.  He quickly left the castle and started walking to my new home.  After a few minutes I watched the terrain change to the high technological look of the core and than we passed through a apartment building.  It looked fairly nice.  I saw a young ghost looking monster floating about talking excitedly to another.  About thirty minutes passed before we passed through  another building, it was a laboratory of sorts.  Gaster must have wanted to explain as he started to explain "This is hotland laboratory.  As the royal scientist it is my job to well figure out ways to improve monster life.". The lab was a mixture of chaos and organization, things looked neat but if you looked closely you could see how chaotically it was organized.  It made my brain hurt and I don't even have a brain!  I could see that there was a second floor and I wanted to explore but I don't want to be left behind.  Very shortly after we left the lab the terrain changed.  Now instead of being slightly causious to avoid accidentally falling in lava I was avoiding getting to wet.  After about another hour of walking and wondering how my legs aren't hurting but are tired I saw glowing water a few seconds after I noticed it Gaster spoke again "Papyrus don't touch it! It might be dangerous.  We have identified a unique type of algae and we're not sure if it's dangerous." Papyrus nodded his head than ran forward to catch up which he did in a few seconds.  He slowed down a bit so the two of us where walking side by side. "Do you think it's actually dangerous?" I shrugged my shoulders as a response.  "Yeah but but better safe than sorry." I nodded my head.  "Anyways we're probably close to our new home!  I'm so excited! I could practically run there to see what it looks like!" I let out my quite laugh as I grabbed his hurmus and tugged back a little as if to say calm down.  At this point I decided to talk "Calm down, we don't know how large this place is.  It could be anywhere.". My brother nodded his head allowing me to actually notice that the terrain looked about to change.  I couldn't see much but I could guess that it would feel extremely cold as I could feel the nice chill against my bones.  It felt similar to the old lab but colder.  The three of us walked through the small blizzard.  After about ten minutes we left the area of the blizzard.  Once we made it through I saw a small town.  There where a lot of small houses, the house closest to us was the largest.  It looked like it had a whole second floor! Gaster walked over to the large house and opened the door.  "Come in boys." Pap ran into the house and I fallowed.  Once I was in the house Gaster entered and closed the door behind him.  He looked at us and smiled a genuine smile before he spoke"Now than let's start those lessons."