Spread the word

I watched on the news as Mettaton reported the change of power from the good queen Torial to Queen Undyne. I have a bad feeling about this. My brother looked even more worried about what could happen. "This can't be good." I looked at Papyrus and nodded my head. Eventually I got up and signed*I'm going to bed.* Papyrus looked at me and spoke "But it's not even lunch time yet!". I shook my head and signed again *Yes, but I'm just too tired and stressed because of this. I'm going to introduce myself tomorrow if at all.* Papyrus nodded his head and adjusted himself. The two of us would normally be off work but Undyne announced all people working as or with the royal guard had the day off. I quickly teleported to my room finding myself to tired to care. At least the real queen is still alive and healing. I sighed as I collapsed on the mattress and muttered to myself in wingdings <<Gaster, why'd you have to go and die like that? My brother and I still need you.>>. I got up and grabbed a cat plush I found a few years ago in the trash dump. I walked back to bed and squeezed the cat plush from stress. I made my way back to bed and fell asleep. After what felt like an hour of my normal restless sleep I heard a loud clanking sound so I opened my eyes feeling half rested and got up checking the time as 12:48, lunch time for most people. I however eat like a bird; several snacks throughout the day. I headed down stairs and grabbed two granola bars. I considered grabbing an nice cream bar but decided against it. I than walked over to my brother who saw the two granola bars and shook his head. "Sans, you really should eat healthier."  I nodded my head and put away one granola bar and grabbed a apple instead.  I bite the apple and hugged my brother, he immediately hugged back when he spoke again "Don't worry Sans, everything will be okay, I will do everything in my power to protect you."  I nodded my head and replied *I'm sure everything will be fine as well, after all how much damage could she possibly do?*

1 year later

I growled to myself as I checked the store for the third time this week.  Nothing.  At this rate Papyrus wouldn't eat tomorrow for dinner.  I shook my head as a thought crossed my mind we'll have to start conserving food and skip meals.  I walked back to my home and opened the door stomping on the ground loudly.  Papyrus walked down stairs.  "Hey Sans, shops still empty?"  I nodded my head before I spoke "Yeah, we'll have to start conserving food and maybe scavenge for nuts and berries every now and again."  Papyrus nodded his head and smiled "Okay, we'll skip down to one meal a day, if things get a lot worse we'll go one a weak...luckily we don't need much food and it's just uncomfortable."  I nodded my head and headed upstairs as Papyrus went back to his room and I fallowed him.  I smiled as he got into bed and I grabbed two of his books.  I looked at Papyrus when I asked him a question in wingdings <<a hundred and one advanced puzzle designs or fluffy bunny and friends?>>  Papyrus grinned like a manic before he answered "A hundred and one advanced puzzle designs!"  I laughed at this as I put the other book back and walked over to the foot of my brothers bed and sat down on the "hood" while I opened the book and cleared my throat. I opened my mouth and started to read the story out loud. As I read I looked at my brother, I noticed that his eyes seemed slightly smaller, this is probably what Gaster meant when he said that Papyrus would develop bad eyesight. Hopefully it doesn't get to bad. After about 35 minutes I finished chapter 1-4 I closed the book, got up, put the book away and kissed my brother's forehead and headed to my own room.  I sat down at my desk and pulled out my journal opened it up and wrote down the events of my day.

Jan 25, 20xx

There was no food in the shops again today, we're starting to conserve food massively. 
I'm probably going to stop eating nearly as much.  I'll probably lose the habit of eating like a bird
and starting to eat with bigger meals. I'm going to see if I can get a book on identifying good berries
to eat. Hopefully things quickly improve and this will only last for a few more days. Things can't stay bad,
right? I have to do everything I can to keep my family safe. Write tomorrow.

It was a short entry like most where.  I got up and headed down to the kitchen opened up the medicine cabinet and pulled out the sleeping gummy's.  I quickly grabbed two and had them before heading up to my room.  I jumped on too my bed and wrapped myself in the comforter.  I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Time skip Tomorrow

I woke up and wiggled out of my comforter nearly falling off the bed several times.  I walked out of my room still feeling tired as per usual.  As I walked down stairs I scratched my ulna to help wake my up.  It kinda worked and I felt more awake.  I made my way to the kitchen and saw my brother looking anxious when he noticed me and walked towards the kitchen which I followed as I'm sure the both of us walked into the kitchen out of habit when my brother spoke "I know that normally we would be in the kitchen at this hour but I still feel it's kinda strange that neither of us are making breakfast."  I nodded my head and went out to work at the sentry station.