No one's fall

Ten years later
I opened my sockets and crawled out of my bed.  I got up and quickly got dressed before I made my way to the kitchen.  I grabbed some toast, and walked out the door.  I took a quick shortcut to the construction site for the core.  It's actually in its final stages so it's already working.  I walked out next to Gaster.  I looked at Gaster than turned to Papyrus before I spoke "So ready?"  Gaster nodded his head as my brother and I parted ways as I fallowed him.  Gaster and I headed to the center of the core to help with the construction of the core stabilizers.  While on our way a pipe opened fire and steam hit me directly in the face.  Gaster of course laughed at this.  I stormed- or I guess steamed ahead to get to the center.  After a few minutes of me navigating the labyrinth like hallways of the core I reached the center.  I smirked as I had reached the core of the core before Gaster did. I walked forward and started helping the core construction workers.  About a minute or two passed before the door to the center opened up revealing Gaster behind them.  He strolled forward and took over on the other side wordlessly.  The two of us worked together in silence for hours without breaks. I got up to leave for my break when I heard a metallic ding. I turned around and saw a screw falling into the core. Gaster and the other workers got up from there sitting positions.  I ran over to Gaster. The core started to let out a wail as it shook violently.  I ran as a metal beam nearly hit me in the head.  I quickly reached Gaster.  I helped Gaster reach the doors.  We couldn't possibly make it as the doors where closing.  I felt Gaster stop.  I looked up at him worrying.  I saw that his expression was stoic he smiled at me as he pushed me through the closing doors with enough force to knock himself down.  I tried to run back in but Gaster spoke as he got up "Don't, don't try and save me, go find your brother stay with him.  Where ever I end up being I'll try and watch over you."  With that the doors closed.  I got up realizing that I had at some point fallen over.  I immediately got up and ran to where Papyrus should be.  Once I reached him I started sobbing while he comforted me.  Papyrus stood up picking me up.  He quickly spoke "I'm going to be heading home.  Sans probably won't be calm enough to say or sign anything for several hours." The workers parted ways allowing Papyrus passage as he walked home.  By the time we made it home I had calmed down enough to sign.  He set me down on the couch and made me into a blanket burrito as he grabbed some of that drink I liked.  He knew better than to have some himself as it's quite rare to find plus the one time he did he didn't like it.  I only have five and a half packages of twelve.  Possibly until we reach the surface.  In my old life I practically lived off of the stuff. Spanish hot chocolate.  Even in summer.  I smiled as Paps brought the mug and I happily took several sips after summoning a tounge for taste.  I kept each sip in my mouth to savor the flavor until I sallowed.  Once I was about half way done I took a breath and spoke once again that day.  "Dad's gone." Papyrus froze before he straightened up.  "What do you mean he's gone? Dad's always been there!" *He's gone, he fell into the core.*

We're getting started next chapter.  Sorry for the wait.