Something is wrong

I sighed as I looked around. Looks like Papyrus went on a cleaning spree, again.  I walked to the kitchen not enough food to cook anything, just like it has been for the past eight years.  It's still too late to go out as it's past midnight and that's when the shady and nocturnal monsters come out.  The nocturnal ones are fine, and I feel bad that their stuck with the bad ones.  Used to it wasn't as bad.  I sighed before I looked though the cabinets, looks like he forgot to dust the plates again.  Looks like I have something to do.  I walked out of the kitchen and walked towards the closet under the stairs.  I grabbed the old duster from the closet and dusted off the plates, cups and cutlery.  I only need a week.  Let's just hope everything else works out.  Once I was done I put the duster thing back and walked back to the couch.  I sat down and closed my eyes.  I pulled my heavy blanket over myself.

A few hour time skip

I was sitting on the couch reading a book.  The power was out again but my red eye glowed bright enough that I could re-read this book comfortably.  I was about to reach the climax where the hero Katlyn was about to find her mentor/hero was the villain.  But I heard Aliza started to wake up.  I Heard her scuffle as she probably realized she was moved and the food was moved.  She ran downstairs as I put down the book and walked towards the kitchen.  Aliza ran in before I could lean down and get the container.  When she started to talk I clapped "Sans! I'm so sor-" *I have the food.*  I leaned down and opened the cabinet I hid the food in.  I took it out and Aliza was surprised.  I took out several berries knowing that they are much sweeter and that knowing Aliza is a child she would like them better.  My mom used to say that even when a child is on the brink of death they'll still eat sweets.  I gave the berries to Aliza and put the container away.  *Eat*.  Aliza looked completely famished and quickly gobbled it up.  once she was done she ran over and hugged me "Thank you Sans!"  I smiled as I hugged Aliza back.  I than let go as did Aliza before I walked back to the couch I sighed as I went under the couch and grabbed the clock.  I went back from under the couch and saw Aliza had sat down on the couch and was reading the blurb.  Aliza looked like she was about to talk to me when she saw the cloak.  Looking confused she spoke "Why do you have a cloak that looks like it came straight from my old classroom."  I shrugged before I signed *It's Papyrus's.  Don't ask me why.* Aliza still looked confused when I checked the time.  7:45...correction 7:46.  Minute just changed.

I can leave the house. I motioned Aliza to follow. She did looking rather nervous. She probably realized that Paps and I's house was likely the only safe place for her.  Papyrus walked downstairs before Aliza could leave.  "Sans, where are you taking Aliza?"  I smiled before clapping out my response [I'm getting the sign books from Torial.]. Papyrus smiled before speaking "Oh, so your getting the sign books that you lended to the old queen!"  I nodded my head.  "Since your bringing Aliza do you think you could get more of the nuts and berries from the forest.  We're approaching the end of where they can be harvested and I'm not sure how much longer Aliza can be sustained here if" <<the plan fails to fix the core.>>. I shook my head before clapping out my reply.  [It won't Torial knows that we know the core.].  Papyrus nodded his head, eyes filled with worry.  "You should go now.  You only have a few minutes before everyone's up and it gets too dangerous to move Aliza safely.  Be quick."  I nodded my head grabbing Aliza who had paled at the thought of danger. 

I quickly brought her outside before removing my jacket and giving it to her.  *Put it on it'll keep you warm and safer.*. Aliza immediately did as she was told and put on my jacket.  I snorted seeing Aliza completely enveloped in my jacket.  I pulled the hood partially above her head and you could barely tell she was human.  She looked like my coat had become sentient somehow.  I motioned for Aliza to follow which she did.  I decided to take the roundabout way so we don't have to go though dog territory.  I still have scars from the last time I went through there on foot.  We where able to quickly make our way past my station and towards the doors to the ruins. 

I turned towards Aliza who looked terrified.  "We're not going to be seeing Miss. Torial...right?"  I looked at Aliza concerned before I spoke "Why? Is something wrong with her?"  As I was saying it I was internally pleading for it to just be nothing or how she looks.  Immediately after I said that Aliza jumped and looked at me.  She hasn't ever heard me speak, so it doesn't surprise me.  I just needed her to understand me.  "Did you just talk?"  I nodded my head before she spoke again "So you can talk.  You just prefer not too."  I nodded my head again before signing again *Yes, I can, now answer my question!*. Aliza looked confused.  I guess I might have signed too fast for her to understand.  I banged my head on the door before signing again just slower.  *Yes, I can, now... Answer my question!*. Aliza still looked confused.  I was about to sign again just slower as that and morse are really all I can do, when Aliza spoke "I don't know all of the words your trying to sign."  I immediately face palmed.  This is why we need those books for Aliza to study. 

I turned back towards the door and banged loudly on it.  A few seconds passed before it slowly creaked open.  A pale green glowing eye peaked out from the shadows.  "Sans?  A-Aliza?  What are you two doing here?"  The green eye was fixated solely on Aliza so I tapped on the door.  Her eyes shifted to me and I sighed *We need the books I gave you about sign so Aliza can learn.*. Torial seemed to nod her head before the door closed.  We waited for a few minutes before the door opened again and each of the ten books where given back.