CCIII

"It seems like we'll be welcoming another Royal Heir soon."

Kaede  sat there sipping his tea, a small but cold smirk upon his lips as his  violet-blue eyes glinted with distaste along with a hint of frustration  for it was something that he could not interfere with. He didn't  understand why Lucy would choose to stand by his side even after  everything but, then again, he was never meant to understand the  feelings of a human. But, just a little, he felt as if he knew why.

Love, huh, he thought before taking another sip from his cup.

The  teapot raised itself and refilled the cup with freshly brewed earl grey  tea, adding just the right amount of sugar and milk that Kaede liked.  He glanced at Masrur who sat across him and though the latter remained  calm at the mention of his words, he could make out the slight tension  and jealousy in his eyes.

"The cup handle will break."

Masrur  set the tea down with a loud clang and hearing the loud noise, he  flustered a bit for he didn't mean to use such force. Kaede smiled,  seeing how the tall and large Fanalis was still the same as always when  he wasn't wielding his sword.

"It's fine," he said, repairing the slight chip on the cup tray.

Masrur  lowered his eyes, apologizing silently. Kaede simply waved it away  since he could always buy a new tea set. And, he more or less understood  what kind of thoughts and feelings were going through him right now.

"It seems we'll be staying here for a while," Kaede said, feeding Kuugen a few more sweets as he wagged his tail happily.

Masrur pursed his lips.

"Since  Lucy has no intention of leaving and that man has become more aware, we  can do nothing but wait and watch," Kaede finished.

"A shame."

Kaede glanced at Kuugen.

"It's  clear where Lucy's true affection lies," Kuugen stood up. "More than  Sinbad or Sikandar, the one she loves and cherishes is Masud."

"Even so," Masrur opened his mouth and spoke, "she won't leave his side."

Kaede  and Kuugen stared at him and indeed, they could not do anything. Lucy  may love Masud the most but, she also loved Sinbad and Sikandar — even  if that love was not as great as the love she had for Masud. That was  the kind of person Lucy was. Kind and loving to all those she treasured  to the point where she was willing to give up the thing most important  to her.

"I want her to be free."

Kaede softened his gaze. "It's what we all wish for."

"A  child loved by the rukh naturally longs for freedom and Masud, too,  surely longs for that as well," Kuugen remarked, the image of Lucy  holding Masud in her arms as they stood in a field of lilies appearing  in their mind. "Those who are loved by the rukh hold a natural affection  for each other for the bond they share is not determined by fate but  rather, one that of a true family."

"Hence why they are so  loved by Magis," Masrur remarked, beginning to understand why  Scheherazade was as fond towards Masud as she was to Lucy but remained  the usual kind self she was when she had met Sikandar.

"Since they are more or less one of the same," Kaede said, still amazed at Masrur's intelligence which outshone even Sinbad's to the point where it could be said that he was as much of a genius as Lucy was. "Magis are born at the will of the rukh and carry out their order, leading the world in the direction they wish. On the other hand, there are those who are born loved and blessed by the rukh but are not Magis. They are the ones who only receive their love and were born merely out of coincidence."