CCXVIII

Magoi filled the air, the rukh gathering and fluttering around in hordes as they surrounded the entirety of the Celestial Archive. Raising her two hands, multiple magic circles appeared and concentrated around the small orb which only grew larger over time as the magoi continued to condense into it. Her long, silky blonde hair flowed around her and her eyes shone a bright golden whilst focusing on her task at hand. She gazed intently at the orb which was beginning to form and had been doing so for hours. Seeing that its power had stabilized, she narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips. Removing one hand, she slowly guided with the other a separate orb of highly concentrated magoi which shone a beautiful purple mixed with faint traces of amber.

"Is that the magic you received from Sinbad?" Kaede asked, watching the process from the side.

"Yes," Lucy answered, holding the two separate orbs of magoi steady in her hands, the sheer force itself creating a powerful torrent of wind. "The core of the weapon has partially stabilized and so, the only thing left to do would be to combine our magoi for its complete stabilization and solidification of its power."

"Be careful," Kaede said. "We may be in the Celestial Archive but one mistake can blow even a portion of this space away."

"I'm aware," a bead of sweat trickled down her face as she continued to focus on the two orbs of highly concentrated magoi that were hers and Sinbad's magoi, respectively.

Kaede softened his eyes. "Don't worry. I'll be here."

She smiled gratefully, his presence alone giving her reassurance. "Thank you, Kaede."

He smiled fondly and watched as she moved onto the next and final step which was the most physically draining and important process of it all. Though relatively short when compared to laying its core, the next step was crucial in that a single mistake could lay waste to the entire process and the area around them. Not to mention, it was her and Sinbad's concentrated magoi that she was handling. One could only imagine what kind of destruction would await if the two orbs were mishandled incorrectly and clashed together in the process.

"I'm starting."

Kaede nodded his head.

Powerful gusts of wind whipped through the area as hundreds of magic circles opened up, the rukh fluttering wildly around as the air around them became even denser. Lucy's eyes glowed a brighter gold and gold lines ran up and down her body as she took on her divine form. She murmured ancient words of old as she slowly moved the orbs closer together. Narrowing her eyes, she persisted against the extreme pressure that would at any moment suffocate her if she were to lose focus. Pursing her lips, she continued on with the spell and she could see why Kaede was initially reluctant. She had only just recovered and even if she were perfectly healthy, it was a technique that he didn't advise her to learn. Chanting the spell alone was enough work but, keeping a close eye on the orbs and stabilizing it throughout the process with her magoi took a toll on her body. There was a reason why only even amongst the gods, only the most skilled were able to craft weapons of divine power.

Kaede watched, tense, as he monitored the entire process, making sure that nothing would happen to Lucy.

The ancient words which she cast from her lips formed a continuous train that floated around and slowly surrounded the two orbs, helping with the stabilization process. Guiding the two orbs into the air, she began to slowly bring them together and the pressure was so great that a crack could be seen forming on the wall of the Celestial Archive which Kaede quickly fixed.

It's good that this is an isolated space, away from the main body of the Celestial Archive, Kaede noted as he watched Lucy handle the process perfectly without a single mistake. I can only imagine just how much greater the impact would be when her and Masrur's magoi fuse together, he gave a nervous smile.