CCXIX

Trumpets blared and drums sounded once more amidst the bustling guests who had arrived in Sindria in celebration of the First Royal Prince's fifth birthday. The Royal Palace was flooded with lights as joyous chattering could be heard even from a distance away. The presents Scheherazade had prepared were neatly stacked to the side as the guests continued to hold onto the gifts until the arrival of the Royal Family to personally present them. Many chatted happily as they partook in the feast, looking forward to the growth of the First Royal Prince and remarking how five years had flown by in a flash. Though many more looked forward to meeting the Royal Majesties of Sindria far more than the Royal Highness himself for it had been years since they have last seen them participating and hosting such events. Even those that were present at the Reim Empire's Banquet during the Summer Festival eagerly looked forward to their presence for even then, they had only been present for an hour at most.

"Announcing Their Honors the Generals and Retainers!"

They all immediately turned towards the door and gave a low bow, greeting the closest aides to the Royal Majesties. The Generals greeted them with a nod, friendly and amicable as always, whereas the Retainers simply walked past them all without so much of an acknowledgment. Yet, they continued to garner the highest respect and reverence from all those present. After all, no one could defy such absolute power and beauty.

They immediately stood by their respective Majesty's side and the guests bowed even lower as the butler announced the last and main guests of the banquet.

"Announcing Their Royal Majesties, King Sinbad and Queen Lucy, and His Royal Highness, First Prince Sikandar!"

The three of them entered and sure enough, no one could take their eyes off of them. The Generals were good-looking and the Retainers were beautiful in their own regard but, the beauty of the Royal Family was unparalleled; as if they were otherworldly beings. Dressed in matching formal royal clothes with a royal purple, white, and gold color scheme, Sinbad and Lucy wore their crowns while Sikandar wore a simple headdress, signifying his status as a Royal Prince.

"We greet Their Imperial Majesties the King and Queen and His Royal Highness the First Prince."

The Generals and Retainers — as well as Scheherazade and Muu — bowed low for right now, they were the Royal King and Royal Queen, and regardless of their relationship, it was only proper to pay respects to them in their own Kingdom.

"Thank you for all gathering here today," Sinbad took his glass of champagne as Lucy took hers. "I'm sure it must've been an arduous journey but, on behalf of my Queen and the Royal Prince, I thank you all for taking the time to come and congratulate my son's fifth birthday, a day of great importance for all children born in the Kingdom of Sindria."

"It is our greatest honor to be able to attend the celebration of the Prince's birth," the guests answered with a low bow.

"Sikandar."

Sikandar stepped forward. "I greet all those present today," he said, his bright, amber eyes radiating with the aura of a King as he spoke confidently and proudly. "As His Majesty, the King has said, I wish to thank you all again for attending my birthday celebration and I hope that you all have a good time and enjoy this celebration. It is the least I can do for you all who have come so far and," he raised his glass of apple cider to them, "I look forward to meeting you all."

The guests smiled and bowed low. "It is our honor, Your Royal Highness."

Seeing him speak publicly for the first time, they noted how similar he was to Sinbad, and any small doubts they had previously were quickly cleared up. He was indeed worthy of being an heir to the throne and indeed Sinbad and Lucy's child. The firm and confident look in his eyes and the charismatic grin upon his lips was the same as Sinbad's to the point of being uncanny. Though he may be a Royal Prince now, his growth was clearly outstanding, and if he were to be crowned as the next King of Sindria, his crowning would be easily accepted by them all.