CCVI

"We greet the Great Priestess of the Reim Empire, Scheherazade-sama."

Scheherazade sat in her throne, her staff in her hand and Muu standing behind her to the side. She softened her eyes, her ocean blue eyes shining with warmth and affection, a smile upon her lips. The Imperial Family of the Reim Empire sat several steps below her as they greeted their guests. But, in a formal setting amongst several nations, Scheherazade held absolute authority.

"Indeed it has," she smiled brightly. "King Sinbad. Queen Lucy."

Sinbad, Lucy, Masrur, Sikandar, Masud, Ja'far, Kaede, Tomoyo, Wu Kong, and Kuugen were all present in the audience room as they extended their well-wishes and greetings to the Empire. Sinbad and Lucy stood at the front, side-by-side, as they wore the mask of a King and Queen and carried themselves with an aura and regalness belonging to that of a Royal Family.

"It's been five years since we had last met," Scheherazade remarked. "The First Royal Prince will be celebrating his birthday soon in this upcoming month, right?"

"Yes," Lucy answered with a smile. "He will be officially turning five."

"That's right. The Kingdom of Sindria refers to the beginning of the year the child is born as the unofficial day they turn a year older," Scheherazade remembered for it was meant to show that the child had matured and it was also meant as a reminder for the child that they had grown a year older and was no longer the same child from the year before. "Will the Royal Family be holding a banquet upon your return?"

"Since the dates coincide well, that's our plan," Sinbad answered. "Will the Great Priestess be honoring us with her presence?"

She laughed. "That much is a given. How could I miss the birthday banquet of Lucy's beloved child?"

Sikandar smiled shyly as he lowered his head in slight embarrassment.

"Then we will look forward to the Great Priestess's and the Imperial Family's attendance," Sinbad said as he and Lucy gave a curt bow. "We will formally extend an invitation soon."

"We look forward to it," the Imperial Family responded.

Their time was up as the next nation's representatives came to extend their greetings, their eyes drawn to the beauty and elegance of the Royal Family of Sindria as they exited the audience hall. The doors closed behind them as they returned back to their residence for as it was the first day, they all agreed to take rest for the day and enjoy the evening banquet that was required for all the royal families to attend as it was the first day of the Summer Festivities.

"Will you be returning back to your room?" Lucy looked at Sinbad, the latter escorting her on their way back. "You seem tired."

Sinbad stifled a yawn, the kingly mask that he wore falling off slightly. "Yeah. I might just pass out until the banquet time."

"Then take Sikandar back, too," she said whilst carrying Sikandar in her arms.

The small child had fallen asleep after such a hectic morning of greetings as soon as they arrived and perhaps also as a result of his excitement from the night before. Even when they had to go greet Scheherazade, he was still drowsy and once greetings were over, he had finally given in to his unconsciousness.

"Mn," Sinbad took Sikandar from her, knowing that it wasn't good to burden her no matter how much she wanted to hold Sikandar since the boy had gotten much heavier since he was an infant. "What about you?"

"I'll enjoy some tea in the living room," she said, feeling rather awake after her nap.

"Make sure to take another rest before the banquet," he said worryingly, his brows furrowed as he reached out to caress her cheek.